Re: Sims autonomously starting new painting with old painting still on easel

by Kyr0e

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

I have just been having this problem as well. My sim is a painter and she will start a new painting before I get a chance to sell the last one she completed. I'm not actually sure if they start the new one before or after completing the old one, since so far this has only happened when I'm controlling another sim in the household. I don't know if it's intended or not, but maybe it has something to do with the perfectionist trait, like a perfectionist sim would start over in the middle of painting? If it's intended, I don't really hate it but it is annoying and expensive.

Message 11 of 51 (3,403 Views)

★★ Guide

My sim also has the perfectionist trait? Could this be from the traits update? She’s also creative and an art lover 

Message 12 of 51 (3,388 Views)

★ Guide

For those experiencing this issue with sims scrapping paintings before creating a new one, LittleMissSam's "Auto Put Painting in Inventory" from her "Random Small Mods" series should help. This'll make sure your sim's painting ends up in the inventory before they can scrap it, freeing up the easel for the next one. The side-effect is that now NPC's will do the same if they finish a painting, meaning free easels in the world (only if they finished).

Tagging @crinrict per instructions.

Message 13 of 51 (3,357 Views)

★★ Guide

I’m on console so I can’t ☹️☹️

Message 14 of 51 (3,330 Views)

★ Guide
@xjodielaura Have you tired queuing up a command for after the painting? It might prevent the next painting from queuing up and the previous from being scrapped.
Message 15 of 51 (3,293 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It's the perfectionist sims who do that. I also had that happen with two sims who were both perfectionist. I would love to see that they don't destroy their "imperfect" paintings anymore so I could either put them on the wall or sell them.

Message 16 of 51 (3,261 Views)

Perfectionist auto-scrapping paintings

★★ Novice

There looks to be a bug with the perfectionist trait. When painting my sim with finish a piece, then immediately scrap it and start another. Usually the second one will stay. I don't get the chance to even see it's quality level, let alone decide what to do with it. I get it if they want to keep working on it (like described in the update for the trait), but at least she could put it in her inventory or something! Not just scrap it! I tried it with her husband (whom doesn't have the trait) and he was doing it too.

I then * of the bug.. not whether or not it exists.)

I haven't found any other posts on this issue, so I can't help but wonder if it's still something on my side. Something I haven't done yet. Any thoughts?

Message 17 of 51 (3,231 Views)

Re: Perfectionist auto-scrapping paintings

★★ Novice

Ok, for some reason it killed my second paragraph. Odd

Was saying I cleared out all CC, all cache and made two new games with exactly the same setup. But with one with a character with perfectionist trait, one without. The one with perfectionist was scrapping her paintings still. The without didn't (and instead became obsessed with his phone, but to be fair, I didn't give him anything else but the room and an easel.)

Message 18 of 51 (3,244 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@katrynsong 

This is intended behavior. If a Sim with the Perfectionist trait create a painting that is not of sufficient quality he may scrap it and start over. You can to some extent counteract it by having more than one easel. On the plus side they will eventually become level 10 where the likelihood of painting a masterpiece is much higher.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 19 of 51 (3,208 Views)

Hero
@katrynsong I merged your post with the master bug thread.

While perfectionist are pushed to retry, it's unclear if it's working as intended or not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 51 (3,188 Views)