[NEEDS SAVES] Partnered Sims turn into siblings

by Koramie

Original Post

Re: Engaged Couple Become Brothers ?

Hero
@miketastic666 Here's instructions: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/7368675#M83549

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 176 (2,445 Views)

Hero
@miketastic666 Checked your save and I can duplicate this. No clue why it's happening but as one Sim is a spellcaster, did you ever clone him ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 176 (2,406 Views)

★★★ Novice

I did clone him once when I first unlocked that spell. That was quite a while ago though. 

Message 23 of 176 (2,379 Views)

Hero
@miketastic666 Could be that's the trigger then. Don't have any solutions to offer other than to remove the relationship bit with a cheat.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sims4Cheats/wiki/index#wiki_relationships

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 24 of 176 (2,358 Views)

★★★ Novice

So weird. I tried the trick to destroy relationship and reset the relationship, but it didn't work. Even downloaded the MCCC mod to edit the relationships, but they never stuck.

However, I did figure out a work around: if you split household and move one of the spouses/partners out, then you can enter CAS without altering the relationship. Afterward, you just invite the spouse back over and Move them in. A bit of a hassle, but you don't lose any of your Sims progress or inventory. 

Thanks for looking into it!

Message 25 of 176 (2,335 Views)

Re: My married sims are now siblings

★★ Apprentice

I am having this problem as well. Any help is GREATLY appreciated. I took out all mods and deleted localthumbcache, bug is still there.

Message 26 of 176 (2,561 Views)

Household Relationships are messed up with CAS

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.69.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of the Expanaion, game packs and stuff packs to date.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? cas.fulleditmode
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to input this code and the edit my family because for some reason my two household members are married and share the same kids(one cane get the other pregnant) but for one sim, two of her sons are listed as her nephew. It grays out when I try to edit them and for the others, it shows the option to make “household” member but it does not even allow me to change that. Also my two sims are showing as spouses and sisters. For the record, they were never relatives and created individually.
What do you expect to see? To be able to edit my sims to show that they are spouses, not spouses and sisters and her sons are not her nephews.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have attached a picture of what I see for both errors that occur. I have tried everything to fix them, moving them out the household and saving them but I can’t edit them or anything. 

Message 27 of 176 (2,208 Views)

Re: Household Relationships are messed up with CAS

Hero
@ApolloniaD Merged your post with existing thread.

Did you do any cloning in that family ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 176 (2,179 Views)

★★ Novice

No, they weren’t cloned at all. 

Message 29 of 176 (2,148 Views)

Hero
@ApolloniaD Try if the workaround above works for you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 176 (2,372 Views)