[NEEDS SAVES] Partnered Sims turn into siblings

by Koramie

Original Post

Re: Married Sims cannot share romance options

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Parzival029  Can you roll back a save or two and see if that fixes it? If it’s the bug my friend has, you need to basically never use CAS ever again or else your partnered Sims will become siblings.

(She does manage household and moves one of the partners into a completely different home any time she needs to update their outfits. It’s the only way to keep her married Sims from becoming  brothers.)

You might also be able to edit their relationship with MCCC. 

(So hey, Sims team? since this bug seems to disproportionately affect same sex couples, can you fix it for Pride month? Asking for a friend....)

Message 91 of 177 (1,501 Views)

Re: Married Sims cannot share romance options

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I think this is part of the same issue but am open to being corrected on that, and will open it as a new report if need be.

Despite knowing that cloning is super-buggy, I did it anyway in my sprawling family save where the genealogy is very important to me.  Er.  Because when my scientist unlocked it I was all but hyperventilating with glee--"OMG YES Zachary needs a twin! the only thing that could be better than one Zachary is TWO ZACHARYS I LOVE HIM SO MUCH!!!"--that's why.  The only reason I didn't do it on the spot was bed logistics at home, LOL.  He lives with his wife, his two moms, his sister, and now his baby.  I heard about the bugs and dithered for a very long time, but finally temptation got the better of me.  I figured I would clone him and move him, his wife, and his baby out immediately to prevent the married Sims become siblings bug my friend has struggled with.

Cloned my scientist.  He and his wife aren't siblings, his moms aren't siblings.  Hooray!  Moved my scientist out with his wife and child.  Edited the clone in CAS.  His mothers are still married and not siblings!  Hooray!

And then I noticed that one of his mothers' genealogy was screwed up and was suddenly the child of her father and her father.  She still had "relationship bits" with her mother that showed up in the profile panel but not in the genealogy.  I tried to edit the relationship in MCCC but only sister and daughter were available, possibly because of the "mother" relationship bit still being there? or maybe because on some level the game still knows that's her mother but it can't display it properly? Or is it because she already has two fathers?  I don't know, it just didn't work.

Broken:

But also:

I managed to roll back to a point before this happened (because I knew it was risky and stored extra saves from before), and only lost the house reno from when my scientist moved out (which tbh I could load the house into my personal gallery and replace the lot they moved into, and might, or I might just say screw it and do it over), but... I think that yes, it's the same problem because cloning seems to corrupt the family tree in weird ways. Well.  I also lost the clone because I had to roll back to before the cloning happened to get his "mother's" genealogy to not be corrupted.

Rolled back:

I'm really disappointed that one of the crowning rewards for being a scientist is apparently too risky to do with anything but a single Sim living alone with no spouse or family. 

Message 92 of 177 (1,431 Views)

Married couples turning into siblings

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all of the packs except for Cottage Living, Dream Home Decorator, and Courtyard Oasis Kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load up a house which has a married couple: it's random which ones get hit with the problem but I think it happens more often with spellcasters such as with the family in the screenshot examples I've given.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever houses are loaded, my game often turns my married couples into siblings whilst still registering them as spouses.
What do you expect to see? The romance interactions are unable to be used due to the game identifying them as siblings and the woohoo option appears if you click on a bed but will not do anything if clicked. Furthermore, if you go into the sim's profile, it's usually only one of the sims that state that their siblings; this results in one of them having no romance option, and the other having serenade as the only romance option.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I usually play with mods so at first I thought the problem might have been to do with the mods but, after uninstalling the mods to check, the problem still persisted. I have thousands hours on the game but only recently has this stared to occur: I've even tried using cheats such as going into CAS to change it and using their IDs with the relationship.remove_bit cheat to remove the relationship but it will still register them as siblings.

Message 93 of 177 (1,384 Views)

Re: Married couples turning into siblings

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Idiosyncratic53  Did you ever have Morgyn use Duplicato?  That and the cloning machine seem to be involved. 

My completely crackpot Wink non-code-sniffing theory is that the code to set the clone to be the sibling of the Sim cloned is... overbroad.

Message 94 of 177 (1,338 Views)

★ Expert
@xochiquetzl_xkvn I never cloned my sim which is why I'm so confused about it
Message 95 of 177 (1,310 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Duplicato also seems to be involved.

Message 96 of 177 (1,438 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Partnered Sims turn into siblings

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? In one particular save thus far
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, Vampires, Strangerville, Dine Out, Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Tiny Living, and Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check the genealogy of different played married sims and see if they're listed as a spouse as well as sibling
What happens when the bug occurs? Whilst playing a some married Sims, they will have a sibling relationship added to their relationship settings.
What do you expect to see? The removal of sibling relationships between married Sims (that were previously not siblings, please note) as well as the ability to use romantic interactions between those Sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, but not since the update except to try to remove the problem
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes, the 7/20/2021 update

Message 97 of 177 (1,419 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Guys, this has nothing to do with cloning or spellcasters or the science career - I play with neither and it keeps happening. 

My founder couple keeps turning into siblings whenever I edit this family in CAS and now I am at a point where I can't even fix it temporarely anymore, not even with MCCC.

Message 98 of 177 (1,399 Views)

★ Guide

There may be other triggers, but it has not happened in any of my other saves since I "banned" my Sims from cloning or getting the duplicato spell, so I do believe they are a factor.

Message 99 of 177 (1,355 Views)

★★ Guide
@Slytherclaw72 No, I have this same issue and none of my sims use anything related to Realm of Magic. It's triggered by going into create-a-sim. Other households that I have do not have this same glitch which I did find strange but I'm grateful. However, with my other household, I had literally just moved them into a new save not too long ago and now this. Such a mess.
Message 100 of 177 (1,338 Views)