by kreatora

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Partnered Sims turn into siblings

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover university, island living, seasons, Cats and dogs, City living, Get Together, Get to work, Realm of magic, Jungle Adventure, Vampires, Spa day, outdoor retreat, Laundry day and spooky stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plan an outfit for your sims
What happens when the bug occurs? Everytime I try to plan an outfit of any of the sims inside my family, both fathers relationships turn brothers, while remaining in the relationship.
What do you expect to see? Able to change my sims clothes without relationships changing
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have searched and saw similar issues and i'm assuming its related to a bug with CAS. Unsure if there's any others experiencing this but the issue goes away when i close the game down, the only issue seems to be is that I simply can't enter CAS, otherwise my sims husband becomes his brother and its kinda becoming annoying

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 9 of 176 (19,699 Views)

My married sims are now siblings

★★ Novice

I hadn't played the game for a few months and then decided to load up my old family on the game, I have a little bit of CC but it only affects textures and appearance options and shouldn't be messing with relationships at all. Regardless I noticed that whether I have it activated or not, for some reason now my two sims are sisters as well as spouses. I didn't notice it at all until they had a free moment in their busy lives and I decided to have them be romantic, only to find they could only offer massage or serenade. 

I spent the next hour on google trying to find a solution, and nothing worked. I read that it is caused by the cas.fulledit cheat, but I have never once used ANY cheat codes, so it couldn't be that for me. One post suggested using cheats like "relationship.add_bit" or "relationship.destroy" but neither of these had any effect whatsoever on any sim in my game no matter how many times I entered them. I just pressed enter and the text box cleared with no effect. 

My theory is this: I have the get to work expack and my sim is a scientist; at one point her work goal was to clone herself, so I excitedly did so, and the clone was listed as being her sister. I don't remember if I had my sim and her wife try romance at all after the clone appeared, but I think since my sim and her clone are identical it could have confused the game somehow?

Anyway, I deleted the clone, but no effect. The damage seems permanent.

I even tried what some suggested as a last ditch effort of saving the family to the library and then loading them in so that relationships could be freely edited, but no luck there either. All relationship options were greyed out with "Cannot edit relationships on pre-existing Sims"

I really hope there is a working fix for this. Idk if people are still regularly experiencing this bug or if its just me. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 176 (19,991 Views)

Dot.: My married sims are now siblings

Hero (Retired)
@ihatebacon23409

There are two ways to fix it.
The first easy - download the MCC mod and set up the relationships you want when clicking on the sim.
The second way - save this family to the library, switch the game to another family so that the game does not end and remove the played family from the world. Then in CAS, outside the game, set the relationship of this saved family to the ones you want. Then enter this family on an empty plot.
Unfortunately, you will have to use the motherlode code to add money for them. They will retain all skills and career levels, but they will not have the money to enter their old home.

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 176 (19,973 Views)

Married couple are now siblings after exiting CAS

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter create a sim, save, and then exit
What happens when the bug occurs? Once I'm finished in create a sim and I load back into my household, my husband and wife sims will now be brother and sister in the genealogy while also still being married (they'll be married but also siblings at the same time) When I try to edit family relationships in create a sim, the only options would be brother/sister or roommate, and only brother/sister is selectable - which is weird if they're married BEFORE entering CAS.
What do you expect to see? Anything to help me fix this, this has been occurring for a while, and it's a bit frustrating
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 3 of 176 (15,406 Views)

Re: Married couple are now siblings after exiting CAS

★ Apprentice
@Lovelyshawn Also I'm having this issue with and without mods/cc
Message 4 of 176 (15,404 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Lovelyshawn Moving this to tech for troubleshooting.

Does that always happen on a new save too or just your existing save ?

At what point are you removing your mods ? Before or after the relatsionship is wrong ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 176 (15,370 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrict Yes, when creating a new save or when loading a previous save ! If I load up a new save and put my already created sims in, it still occurs.
I even moved my folder to the desktop to see what was up, but it's still the same issue.
I remove the mods before hand to make sure nothing is contributing to the is issue.

@Lovelyshawn I should also add that if I load up my save before entering create a sim, their relationship statuses will be normal, but it doesn't matter if I modify the household before loading the house, or after - I still have this issue

Message 6 of 176 (15,345 Views)

Hero
@Lovelyshawn But it only happens on those specific Sims ?

Could you upload them to the gallery and post the name here ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 176 (15,333 Views)

Re: My married sims are now siblings

★ Novice

The same happened to me and it was really annoying. I believe the reason why it happens is some sort of bug with CAS.fulleditmode which I use a lot. I found a fix for it (after many hours of despair) and you need the MCC mod, because any other cheats won't work - at least they didn't for me. 

With MCC, click on one of the sims you want to change the relationship and search for the tab "relationships" (if it doesn't show up on the first page, select next).

Then you'll have to delete ALL relationships that the chosen sim has with EVERYONE else. There's the option to "forget" too, but it won't work. So look for "clean relationships" or something like this. 

Now they won't have any relationships with anyone - including family members. All you need to do is add relationships with family members. 

It's going to be really tiring to get all your friends back (even with MCC), but at least that horrible bug is fixed. It's working perfectly for me so far.

Message 8 of 176 (19,814 Views)

Re: CAS/ Planning outfit changes sims relationships

Hero
@Koramie Are you entering CAS with the fulleditmode enabled ?

Does it only happen in that family or also in others ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 176 (19,646 Views)