[OPEN] Parties not counting for Party Animal Aspiration

by TheJordMeister28

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Parties not counting for Party Animal Aspiration

Hero (Retired)

@Tarkus8 wrote:

I've only made 2 parties so far and the first one didn't register, but after I tested what BlackjackWidow said and selected the aspiration sim when the party ended, it worked, so I'm pretty sure THIS is the solution to the bug, which it's what it is afterall. So thank you!

Nonetheless this should be fixed by the developers.

EDIT: Nevermind, tried a third party and it didn't work. Bummer

I hear you - I was able to get it to work by switching to the aspiration sim and ending the party several times, but then - like you - I had one that ended and it didn't clear. So, now I'm not sure if I switched too late (like maybe a delay between the end of party and the game telling me the party ended?) or if it's just a coincidence that it worked sometimes. It IS a bummer, regardless. I find this whole aspiration very difficult to complete anyway (I don't like throwing parties) and having this "unknown" of completing the goals is just another reason for me not to do it unless I absolutely have to.

I did hear from someone else a while ago that it seemed to be repeated parties that failed. So, for instance, if you did a goaled birthday party the last time, do a different type before you do another birthday party. I honestly haven't been able to bring myself to test it any further :D 

Message 21 of 55 (1,797 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Parties not counting for Party Animal Aspiration

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Thanks for your reply and your help. In the end I decided to use aspirations.complete_current_milestone cheat to complete the second milestone "Welcoming Host" of the Party Animal aspiration after I at least completed the 3 silver social events to bypass the bug

Message 22 of 55 (1,776 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Parties not counting for Party Animal Aspiration

★★★ Pro

I am having this issue for parties thrown through the calendar from the Seasons expansion pack.

Message 23 of 55 (1,740 Views)

★ Guide

I'm struggeling with this too. One event counted and then the game broke down, I did the same event again and it didn't count.

Also I just threw a party and it counted for a party on a different lot, but not for a party where I got Silver, even though I did.

Message 24 of 55 (1,715 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I've tried the Welcoming Host milestone again with another sim and by having 3 Dinner Parties they all counted

Message 25 of 55 (1,685 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Im encountering this bug aswell.. Not exactly sure why.

Ive run many, had one where I got Silver.

I do believe on that one it was giving me goals to complete during the party, ie have 3 sims dancing at the same time. Since that first party it has not given me goals.

Now Im not sure if the missing goals are the problem but all other parties Ive managed bronze with no guidance. However for that aspiration level its saying Ive hosted 1/3 parties and got 3 silvers.

I know Ive not gotten 3 silver, and that I think happened after my 3rd party. I have a feeling the parameter is switched and where its saying to host 3 parties its counting the silvers?

Edit: Ok well found out the issue I believe at least for parties not counting.. when selecting the party type, make sure the small box on the left of the name is checkmarked.. This will enable goals. Without it checked they dont count, with it checked they do and you get the goals. Still does not explain 3 silvers as I sure didnt get those and the parties only have bronze trophies next to them.

Message 26 of 55 (1,547 Views)

Is wedding party exceptional for Party Animal aspiration?

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi, my male sim threw a wedding party social event and earned gold at it. I put his aspiration to Party Animal. He was the party host at the wedding event but throw 3 parties (1/3) mission has to be 2/3 but still 1/3. He got one gold from dinner party long time ago, so that's why he has 1/3, but now it should be 2/3.

5.jpg

6.jpg

Maybe is it different? I activated his aspiration to Party Animal at the wedding place. Maybe should I activate Party animal aspiration before planning social event? 

Message 27 of 55 (1,564 Views)

Re: Is wedding party exceptional for Party Animal aspiration?

Champion (Retired)

@aodoherty 

There are reports of instances where some parties are not being recognized by the game as completed.

To start troubleshooting please confirm:

Are you on console, PC or Mac?

Do you have any form of mods or custom content in your game?

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 28 of 55 (1,522 Views)

Hero
@aodoherty Merged your post with the main bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 55 (1,483 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@EuphorialQueenI'm playing the sims 4 on Windows 10, bootcamp, i Mac. Of course, I use some mods and ccs but I don't use any script mods like MCC or ..slice of life something.. I have only show info mod and some kind of no autonomous mods. Also my sim hosted a dinner party a month ago, and he had no problem at that time.
So for me..I doubt it might be from switching to Party Animal when my sim arrived at the party place. I will try to host another house party for his mixologist aspiration this time.

Message 30 of 55 (1,444 Views)