Throw party count not going up

by DuskQueen1

Original Post

Throw party count not going up

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It's the party aspiration. The goal that says throw 3 parties.
What happens when the bug occurs? Throw 3 parties count does not go after throwing and completing a party.
What do you expect to see? The count to go up after throwing and completing a party.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have the party aspiration for on my sims and the count does not go up for the throw 3 parties goal after completing a party. 

Message 41 of 55 (2,490 Views)

Re: Throw party count not going up

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem.  I've thrown three parties, and the parties don't count. 

Message 42 of 55 (2,415 Views)

Re: Throw party count not going up

★★★★ Expert

This is, IMHO, the buggiest aspiration, and yet I've done it 3 times (once because Super Sim).

So: 

I only do House Party, Dinner Party, or Black and White Party.  Okay, once I did a birthday party.  Lots of parties just don't seem to count.  There are lists of which ones count online and earlier in this thread, but those are the ones I do.

The thing where if the party ends and your Sim isn't the active Sim when it ends, they don't get credit?  TRUE.  This is a PITA if, say, you have a married couple doing this aspiration together.  *cough*  Seriously, if they co-host a dinner party and one spouse cooks and the other does the socializing, they should both get credit, IMHO, but no, whichever one is "active" gets credit.  Which is vexing if, say, you have other family members in the house who need attention or have some kind of crisis.  On one occasion I had a death at a New Year's party and was busy trying to get someone to give Grim a death flower when the party ended.  The Sim with the aspiration not only didn't get credit for throwing a social event but also received the Charisma for Dummies consolation prize (she's Charisma 10; I think dealing with a guest deciding to freeze to death in the pool is more important!).  Talk about adding insult to injury!  She also didn't get credit for throwing parties at different locations a couple of times. 

The reward trait is awesome! but the actual aspiration doesn't always accurately track your doing of the things.

Message 43 of 55 (2,390 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Parties not counting for Party Animal Aspiration

★ Guide

Just chiming in to say this is also a problem for me. I've known that only certain parties work for the aspiration (which is it's own problem that should be corrected) but house parties have always been a sure way to get it done. Now, house party also isn't registering, haven't tried yet with any others. It was a goaled event, always do goaled events, got silver, but neither the throwing a party or earning silver milestone ticked off. Yet another aspiration milestone that has to be done through cheats I guess.

Message 44 of 55 (2,203 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Nice to know I'm not the only one with this bug. I'd like to thank those who shared the list of parties that work. Heart

Message 45 of 55 (1,901 Views)

★★ Novice

I found a work-around for this! I did a bunch of experiments and it turns out, when you schedule the party, you have to be on the profile of the sim you want to host. I would have my female sim call to plan a party and while waiting, would switch to my male sim to have him do stuff. When the party menu popped up, it was on my male sim's profile. I was still able to officially put my female sim as host and everything, but somehow, it gets "assigned" to the wrong sim for aspiration purposes. Make sure you stay on the profile of the sim that you want to host. There was still one time that it didn't work right, but I was able to get the aspiration really quickly using this method! I didn't realize that I'm so impatient, I instantly switch away from that sims profile because I can't wait 15 seconds for her to make the phone call.

Message 46 of 55 (1,867 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Has there been any fix yet?

Message 47 of 55 (1,799 Views)

Re: Party Animal Aspiration

★★ Novice

House party did not count... I'm on Xbox though

Message 48 of 55 (1,681 Views)

[GRO] Slumber party does not complete Party Animal Aspiration

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.98.127
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sim use phone to host a slumber party while having the party animal level 2 aspiration active Level Two: Welcoming Host.
What happens when the bug occurs? when the party is over the Sim does not gain a +1 for a completed event.
What do you expect to see? When the party was completed the Level Two: Welcoming Host goal of host three parties increased the count to +1/3.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template, added tag, added actual base game number

Message 49 of 55 (1,779 Views)

Re: [GRO] Slumber party does not complete Party Animal Aspiration

[ Edited ]
Champion

Honestly... what does count towards the party animal aspiration? I've tried three or four different types of parties with no luck. Slumber party, birthday party, house party, and I think dinner party...

Going to clear the cache before I try again, see if that makes any difference.

Edit: for that matter, I think my Sim also got married while that goal was active and the wedding didn't count either.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 50 of 55 (1,703 Views)