by VintageNHC

Original Post

[OPEN] Parents refuse to care for toddler

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know how to trigger it. Interacting with toddlers is all I have.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will not respond to my commands when dealing with a toddler. My sims take in-game hours to respond, sometimes cancel toddler care options for no reason, refuse to put my toddler to bed or feed her, leading to her mood and emotional control dropping substantially.
What do you expect to see? I expect to have my Sims respond within a reasonable time frame and not have to be told to perform an action 4-5 times before they actually do it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 34 (8,465 Views)

Re: [The Sims 4] Parents refuse to care for toddler

★★★ Novice

Forgive me for the three duplicate reports, I don't know how to remove them.

Message 2 of 34 (8,394 Views)

Re: Parents refuse to care for toddler

Hero
@VintageNHC Sorry for the late reply DO you still have issues with this ? Is it just toddlers ? Have you tried resetting the toddler ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 34 (8,336 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this same issue - they won’t care for toddlers. I’ll reset / restart and then after a few mins of game play, they glitch again and won’t care for them.

Message 4 of 34 (8,312 Views)

Hero
@Axs9247Sxa2041 Do you feel your issue is similar to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Toddlers-still-not-sleeping-eating-correctly/m-p... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 34 (8,286 Views)

★★★ Novice

No, while that issue is occurring as well, this is different. The adult sims simply disregard the commands regarding the toddlers. 

Message 6 of 34 (8,282 Views)

Hero
@Axs9247Sxa2041 Do they try and route fail or just drop it from queue (it could have the same cause aka stuck objects on the toddlers)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 34 (8,269 Views)

★★★ Novice

It just drops from the queue.

Message 8 of 34 (8,264 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Axs9247Sxa2041 And the toddlers are able to go to sleep and eat on their own ?

EDIT: Added this for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 34 (8,261 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

What I have noticed in my game is that if I give the parent a command concerning a toddler and que another action, the parent will start with the toddler and then move on to the next command without completing the action with the toddler.  I usually notice this when I tell them to read them to sleep, but I think it happened with potty training too. 

The icon with the action for the toddler sometimes gets stuck, but most often it disappears as if completed once the parent is into the next action.

Message 10 of 34 (8,217 Views)