[ARCHIVED] Parents need to introduce themselves to their toddlers

by pkfb269

Original Post

Re: Parents and kids don't know each other

Champion

My sims just had a baby and did not have to introduce themselves!

@MapleSimmer   Neither of them had the Beloved trait so I think you're probably correct about that trait being connected to the issue.  One thing I noticed is that both parents had a lot of friendship with the baby right after she was born.  In the saves where the parents had the Beloved trait, there was very little friendship with the baby.  Hopefully the devs can do something with this information.  Perhaps the old bug that they fixed was somehow reintroduced at some point.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 21 of 56 (1,295 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm also having this issue I noticed once I got the beloved trait no matter what interactions with babies in the game they don't gain any relationship with sims who have it. I used the code to remove the trait and my mother instantly became best friends with triplets after one interaction. They haven't aged yet but I am assuming that solves the issue. I'll report back if it doesn't. xD

Message 22 of 56 (1,278 Views)

★★ Novice

Now that you mention it, I didn't have this problem before completing the Friend of the World aspiration. I'm playing a 100 baby challenge and I didn't have a problem for the first 50 babies, which was around the time I completed that aspiration. 

Message 23 of 56 (1,172 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Parents need to introduce themselves to their toddlers

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

My user name for SIMS4 is dsqrdp. I am having the problem where the father ages up the baby, picks up the child and cannot put him down. And, since he cannot put the child down, the father cannot introduce himself (which is something a parent had not needed to do in the past). I made sure that the father was good friends with the baby before aging up. I had the mother age up the child and she was able to interact with the child, but the father still had to introduce himself.

Saved file before aging up 

Link to file after aging up

After Aging up 

I messed up with my other links, so I am trying again and added another link where I had a sibling age up the baby. The baby knows the mother and the siblings, but not the father. LOL

Sister aged up the baby 

Before aging up 

After aging up by father 

Message 24 of 56 (1,112 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Parents need to introduce themselves to their toddlers

★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue. In my case it's related to the clubs system, specifically the combination of giving birth while being in a club meeting in a Club that has the Popular Club perk. After some testing I found the following:

Parents have a baby while not being in a club: normal relationship

Parents have a baby while being in a club, mother gives birth while in club meeting without Popular Club perk: normal relationship 

Parents have a baby while being in a club, mother gives birth while in a club meeting with Popular Club perk: parents have reduced starting relationship, they need to introduce themselves to the toddler after aging up

Parents have a baby while being in a club, mother gives birth while not in a club meeting with Popular Club perk: normal relationship

So if your issue might be related to this, try ending club meetings before the mother gives birth (the relationship ended up normal even if labor started while in a club meeting, but the meeting was ended before the mother actually gave birth).

Message 25 of 56 (1,061 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Parents need to introduce themselves to their toddlers

★★★★★ Expert

I found that I have the same problem. My FtM sim got pregnant with his husband and so far so good. When the baby came of age, one of the parents only had the option to introduce himself, while the other was already fully aware that he had a daughter.
Fortunately, the level of friendship reached while the baby was still a newborn did not change and the information panel correctly reports both parents.

Message 26 of 56 (998 Views)

Baby Cannot Age Up (Auto or Manual)

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University Parenthood Kids Room
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have a Sim I've spent several hours on who adopted a baby. I'm not sure if it's the adoption or something else to do with my Sim, but the baby will not age up properly.
What happens when the bug occurs? If I try to age up the baby, she becomes a toddler, the parent tries to teach her to walk right away, but then the parent cannot put her down. As a result, the baby can't have its needs met, the parent cannot go to work or do anything else. Beyond that, none of the proper socializations are available between parent and child. The only options are "introduction" variances.
What do you expect to see? The child should age up normally and be able to function independently.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

These screenshots show that the sim cannot put down the child and which social options are available. 

Message 27 of 56 (1,001 Views)

Re: Baby Cannot Age Up (Auto or Manual)

Hero
@aolsen15 I merged your post with the bug report on this. Very much sounds like this so just introduce yourself to the toddler and you should be fine afterwards.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 56 (960 Views)

Re: Baby Cannot Age Up (Auto or Manual)

★★★ Newbie

This did seem to work for my first baby, but now I’ve moved onto the second child, and the same thing is happening. Is there a way to ensure this doesn’t keep happening? I tried introducing the parent to the baby, but it didn’t work. Please help!

Message 29 of 56 (914 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Parents need to introduce themselves to their toddlers

★ Guide
@JonaO703 I had this problem for a while too. The toddlers would refuse to even attempt the potty if Dad hadn't introduced himself. It was maddening. I don't know what DLC you have but I know mine seemed to resolve after I got sick of the excessive crashes and uninstalled everything, then reinstalled only the packs I really wanted/used. Frown
Message 30 of 56 (895 Views)