Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Parents need to introduce themselves to their toddlers

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion except Snowy Escapes, Game Packs: RoM, Jungle Adventure, Strangerville, Parenthood, Vampires, Outdoor Retreat. Stuff: Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour, Movie Hangout and Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play as Mother of baby, click on child and select Age up.
What happens when the bug occurs? Mother interacts with toddler after age up in the usual way (picking it up and throwing it in air) then she will hold the toddler and wave one arm as if something is in her way. Must reset sim for her to put toddler down and then there is no relationship with toddler, the only options are to introduce self to the toddler.
What do you expect to see? An existing relationship with the toddler, the usual interaction opions such as brighten day, play, read toddler book etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I believe this came after the November 10th update.

I've been trying the 100 baby challenge and I'm up to child 22, this has happened to all 22 children

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 56 (8,755 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Parents need to introduce themselves to their toddlers

Hero

I'm going to lock this as I'm not even sure if it was still an issue after the infant patch.

If you do still have issues with toddlers, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 56 of 56 (1,412 Views)

All Replies

Parents and kids don't know each other

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.34
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Batuu. Eco not installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim delivery a baby. Age up baby to toddler. Parent cannot do any interaction with her kid until they do Friendly Introduction.
What happens when the bug occurs? Parents are unable to have any kind of interaction or care of their own kids.
What do you expect to see? Kids and parents to already know each other.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.34

Hello,

since 1.34 when a Sim delivers, she doesn't know her kid and cannot neither interact nor take care of the kid. Parents must Introduce themselves to potty train, play or do anything.

Message 2 of 56 (8,703 Views)

Re: Parents and kids don't know each other

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I see the same issue. Adding that this is not true for the siblings. They immediately know the toddler and can interact with them without any issues. I play with a single-mother family so I cannot say anything about the father / co-parent.

Message 3 of 56 (8,693 Views)

★ Guide

Just to add to this, this only happens with kids born after patch 1.34. In my game, I had households where the baby was just delivered. No skills, nothing at all. Even after patch 1.34, all the members of the family already knew the now born and could attend her needs (including her teenage sister).

Message 4 of 56 (8,650 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I can also confirm seeing this is one save recently. There was a similar issue a long time ago that was fixed and at that time it was tied to the parent having the beloved trait (which is earned by completing the friend of the world aspiration). In my save the parents both have that trait, as does the other young adult living there and they all have to introduce themselves, however the sibling of the toddler does not and nor does another sim, who is a teen who does not have the beloved trait. Do any of your sims have the beloved reward trait?

Best regards, 

Jennifer

Message 5 of 56 (8,583 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Parents need to introduce themselves to their toddlers

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone encountering this issue possibly share a save file with me where it's occurring? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 56 (8,484 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@SimGuruNick I've sent you two saves, one right before the baby was aged up and another afterwards. 

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 7 of 56 (8,450 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I am seeing this on PS5. My parent (who also has the beloved trait) had no relationship to their baby when it was born, and when the baby aged to a toddler, he had to introduce himself to her. The toddler could not interact with him either until he introduced himself to her. The mom and sister had no issues.

His relationship bar with the toddler from her baby time (the duration of the new birth mood)

The Sims™ 4_20201205155601.jpg

His options when clicking on the newly aged up toddler

The Sims™ 4_20201205155608.jpg

Message 8 of 56 (8,430 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

While the matriarch of my 100 Baby Challenge does have the Beloved trait, I realized that the older siblings are also required to introduce themselves to the toddlers upon aging. 

Message 9 of 56 (8,379 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm having this problem also. The baby aged up, and I tried to have her mother potty train her, but she the option wasn't there. I tried to have the toddler ask for help potty training, and the option was greyed out, and she has a sad moodlet because she was left alone. When I use any member of the household to click on the toddler, I have to introduce them, even though they still have their relationship bar from when she was a baby. I had another child in this save, her older brother, since the December update, and did not have this problem.

I doubt it's related, but when the parents went to work, she was gone to daycare for a few minutes, then she appeared at home and I could control her, even with her greyed out at the bottom of the screen.

I'm on PC and have all the packs.

Message 10 of 56 (8,300 Views)