Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[OPEN] Pants on feminine male weird crotch (Patch 1.77)

by NoahLGP

Original Post

[OPEN] Pants on feminine male weird crotch (Patch 1.77)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.74.59.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS. Make a sim with feminine body shape (male or female) and put on the listed outfits/pants (check pictures)
What happens when the bug occurs? Pants or full body outfits I have listed are bugged. Look at the crotch... Something is poking the pants inwards in a really weird way. Making the outfits look really strange. Seems to happen to a lot of pants/fullbody outfits that are baggy. Or are worse when they are baggy.
What do you expect to see? Making the inwards crotch look disappear and have my sims have a flat crotch.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Same issue as usual

• Throwback Fit Kit
  • Nifty Knitting Stuff
  • Paranormal Stuff
  • Star Wars: Journey to Batuu
  • Snowy Escape

t32xanll630y.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title, added tag

Message 1 of 12 (690 Views)

Re: 2021 - Pants on feminine male weird crotch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

e6d5kabz4vpc.jpg

cm2pjp4yck84.jpg

5g52ak5kv1st.jpg

p1ijcdhlyxrj.jpg

h4s8omqh0vao.jpg

986w65u7q1aj.jpg

Basegame

txl91kk47bx9.jpg

Fitness Stuff

lv4llk57l6wz.jpg

q5rvnvxiuf8b.jpg

Laundry Day Stuff

gt4a2y4vcr60.jpg

Cool Kitchen Stuff

awverlvub4mu.jpg

Seasons

5pkagjs3ck5r.jpg

4kt0p8k6ib3u.jpg

fofgz2b7dqon.jpg

32rdv0nwg5sd.jpg

Get Famous

cba6lt05ncsb.jpg

Message 2 of 12 (648 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

StrangerVille

8l9c3g952mz5.jpg

y3ypkc4p3sl9.jpg

ik2s2xr040wd.jpg

Moschino Stuff

7x0yzn7dkfyk.jpg

Island Living

o5rqissrlsvj.jpg

5714zfxbiv0n.jpg

Eco Lifestyle

6tec9vufqdxw.jpg

mgn24id2j1n9.jpg

je3wwvjdbpwf.jpg

10reinlwaf30.jpg

aysclgfy70k7.jpg

tqg6l5sc4jkq.jpg

xklhch4l5t3z.jpg

Discover University

sjaqbp1wb6rf.jpg

nxc00rubtffl.jpg

dxc615bb6ug2.jpg

Tiny Living Stuff

mpu0e6ncb98d.jpg

Message 3 of 12 (635 Views)

★★★ Guide

Full Body outfits

hm3mads0gza9.jpg

5olxl6y98l6e.jpg

1i68lf5wftk5.jpg

9d3tv1ecnl5k.jpg

v71yzmwz0svy.jpg

cp7flt5tgcyn.jpg

n5p86pnut6ad.jpg

pf6s8qk7yoed.jpg

Message 4 of 12 (618 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Pants on feminine male weird crotch (Patch 1.74)

★★★ Guide

GP10 Dream Home Decorator + EP11 Cottage Living = 4 pants + 4 outfits are broken

qffbmv7ed9e3.jpg
p7zovjdpk87j.jpg

Message 5 of 12 (402 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Pants on feminine male weird crotch (Patch 1.74)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

And the female pants

ne7pff4datpj.jpg

Message 6 of 12 (398 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Pants on feminine male weird crotch (Patch 1.77)

★★★ Guide

September Patch

mzacgavcmf6x.jpg

Message 7 of 12 (314 Views)

Female Sims have a giant crotch dent when wearing certain pants

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living, Discover University, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together. Dream Home Decorator, Parenthood, Strangerville, Vampires, Paranormal, Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? All you have to do is get a female-framed Sim to wear some specific pants.
What happens when the bug occurs? Upon getting a female-framed Sim to wear the pants in question, a giant dent is painfully visible from every angle.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see no dent, just a smooth curve.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This is probably the weirdest thing I've ever had to report as a bug. Let me explain.

It is to be somewhat expected that if a female Sim wears masculine pants, some weird stuff is gonna happen in the crotch area.
But this isn't just with masculine pants. It happens with only certain pairs of pants, which is stupid annoying. It's usually the best ones, too.

From what I can tell, it's an issue with the placement of the pants. High-waist jeans and such don't have this issue, but lower, regular heights do, which makes this 10x more frustrating. But weirdly enough, low-waists don't have this issue either.

This doesn't happen, or happens more minorly, to base game items. However I have also noticed that there is still weird model problems.

I'd love to see a fix for this. Originally I thought it was a CC or mod issue. Alas, it is not. I turned them all off, deleted some mods specifically and no - this is a base game problem.

Shroom

Message 8 of 12 (282 Views)

Re: Female Sims have a giant crotch dent when wearing certain pants

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

But this isn't just with masculine pants. It happens with only certain pairs of pants, which is stupid annoying. It's usually the best ones, too.

From what I can tell, it's an issue with the placement of the pants. High-waist jeans and such don't have this issue, but lower, regular heights do, which makes this 10x more frustrating. But weirdly enough, low-waists don't have this issue either.

I think it is just with masculine pants. The height placement of the pants isn't causing the problem; it's that most high-waist and low-rise pants in the game were built for a female frame originally. Of the six pants in your example pictures, five were built for a male frame. The pants from Cottage Living are originally for female frames so they look correct.

I think at some point they said they were going back to try and make adjustments to gender converted items to make them look better. I don't know if that's still an ongoing process or not, but it would be great if they'd make further improvements.

Message 9 of 12 (204 Views)

Re: Female Sims have a giant crotch dent when wearing certain pants

Hero
There's a thread for the CoL pants here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CoL-Incorrect-Gender-Flag-on-Pants/td-p/10534350

they seem to have a wrong flag

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (193 Views)