by iSquirrelBot

Original Post

[OPEN] [PSP] Paranormal Investigator: Can't complete gig because missing pop-up

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs and stuff packs except Journey to Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Do a gig in the Paranormal Investigator career and complete all tasks.
What happens when the bug occurs? Starting after the 5/27 update, when a sim goes on a gig and completes all tasks, the checkbox in the upper left shows the lot is fully exorcised, and dialog options with ghost change from "ask to leave" to "attempt to communicate", indicating the game is recognizing t\he gig as over, However, the dialog box showing gig complete with the "go home" option never comes, and and the investigator sim is stuck on the lot. Clicking the timer and selecting "leave early" does nothing. Even waiting for the timer does not work, the timer counts down to 1m and stays there. Even as the game time continues on well past 6:30.
What do you expect to see? After completing the gig I expect a dialog indicating the gig was completed with an option to "go home". I would then expect my sim to collect their rewards and go home after selecting "go home".
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started immediately after the 5/27/2021 patch.

We're seeing this on easy and medium difficulty paranormal inspector gigs since the 5/27 update . It's occurring on two different PCs, using completely separate save files. All mods currently disabled. Screenshot of work day summary attached..

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, adjusted title

Message 1 of 133 (15,532 Views)

Paranormal stuff glitch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your current game version number? 1.42.9.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Paranormal Stuff Pack Vintage Glamour stuff Fine out Discover university Vampires Parenthood Awesome animal hats City living Get to work Life of the party Up all night Seasons Cool kitchen stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Become a paranormal investigator and go choose an easy job. When you go to exorcise the lot complete the job but the job won't finish.
What happens when the bug occurs? I finish the exorcise the lot job and even get a green check mark. Then the time for the end of work comes but I stay stuck in the job. I clear the house of everything cursed but I am still stuck. Can not finish the gig. Stuck in gig at other sims household.
What do you expect to see? I except to do the exorcise the lot job and then when the time is done so is the job and it pays me and let's me go home.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 2 of 133 (15,436 Views)

Re: Stuck on lot due to missing popup after completing Paranormal Investigator g

★★★ Apprentice

As an additional test on one of the two computers, I renamed the entire "...\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ folder to reset everything and started a new game. Cheated medium skill and Paranormal Investigator career for a brand new sim, and had the same issue after completing the gig requirements.

Message 3 of 133 (15,434 Views)

Re: Stuck on lot due to missing popup after completing Paranormal Investigator g

[ Edited ]
Hero

@iSquirrelBot are you getting any lastUIExceptions ?

@ThaTs_sTuff Merged your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 133 (15,415 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Yes, Looks like "Exception thrown while calling remove on lotStatisticBasedCareerEventSituation_ParanormalInvestigator_Easy" and "RuntimeError: dictionary changed size during iteration"

Full message is as follows.

Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report>
<version>2</version>
<sessionid>ae7b57450b3ba88560b12c2c</sessionid>
<type>desync</type>
<sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku>
<createtime>2021-05-28 11:03:36</createtime>
<buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.75.125.1030-1.200.000.507.Release</buildsignature>
<categoryid>loot_basic_op.py:236</categoryid>
<desyncid>ae7b57450b3ba88560b12c2c</desyncid>
<systemconfig/>
<screenshot/>
<desyncdata>Exception when applying action &lt;StateChangeLootOp Tag.Func_Specter&gt; for loot &lt;class 'sims4.tuning.instances.loot_Career_ParanormalInvestigator_Reward_Easy'&gt; (RuntimeError: dictionary changed size during iteration)&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10;&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\utils\loot_basic_op.py", line 236, in &lt;genexpr&gt;&#13;&#10;RuntimeError: dictionary changed size during iterationrtim=0&#13;&#10;Client Session Time: 20.79&#13; &#10;Num Save Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Num Load Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Current Game State: 0x96d01090&#13; &#10;Origin Version: 10,5,99,47918&#13; &#10;Modded: False&#13; &#10;SystemInfo: Windows 10 10.0.19042 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti nvldumdx.dll 27.21.14.6589, GUID: D7B71E3E-5846-11CF-556E-64171BC2D635&#13; &#10;</desyncdata>
</report>
<report>
<version>2</version>
<sessionid>ae7b57450b3ba88560b12c2c</sessionid>
<type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku>
<createtime>2021-05-28 11:03:36</createtime>
<buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.75.125.1030-1.200.000.507.Release</buildsignature>
<categoryid>loot_basic_op.py:236</categoryid>
<desyncid>ae7b57450b3ba88560b12c2c</desyncid>
<systemconfig/>
<screenshot/>
<desyncdata>Exception thrown while calling remove on lotStatisticBasedCareerEventSituation_ParanormalInvestigator_Easy(639244187885681564) (RuntimeError: dictionary changed size during iteration)&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10;&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\utils\loot_basic_op.py", line 236, in &lt;genexpr&gt;&#13;&#10;RuntimeError: dictionary changed size during iterationrtim=0&#13;&#10;Client Session Time: 20.79&#13; &#10;Num Save Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Num Load Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Current Game State: 0x96d01090&#13; &#10;Origin Version: 10,5,99,47918&#13; &#10;Modded: False&#13; &#10;SystemInfo: Windows 10 10.0.19042 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti nvldumdx.dll 27.21.14.6589, GUID: D7B71E3E-5846-11CF-556E-64171BC2D635&#13; &#10;</desyncdata>
</report>
</root>

Edit By Crinrict: Added Spoiler Tags

Message 5 of 133 (15,395 Views)

Sims not being able to leave once finished Paranormal investigator gig

★★★★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs and stuff packs but no kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have a sim join the paranormal investigator freelance career 2. Have a sim get a gig 3. Attend this gig and finish all of the requirements to exorcise the lot 4. Try to leave the lot either by ending early, being sent automatically at the end time of 6:30 am, or by traveling with the cell phone 5. You cannot leave the lot, even if the gig is finished or the time runs out
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to leave the lot after the job is fully completed, I cannot leave the lot, It doesn't force me to leave at the end time, and I cannot leave on my own.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to leave the lot either when the job is completely done, or when the time runs out at 6:30 am.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I originally discovered this bug in my normal, day to day save file that I use with mods and cc, but I did a soft reset of my game (deleting the sims 4 folder in documents), and have still encountered this bug. Both sims that I've used to test this bug have been spellcasters if that helps any. If you need anything else I'm happy to oblige! 

Message 6 of 133 (15,249 Views)

Re: Sims not being able to leave once finished Paranormal investigator gig

★★★★ Novice

I have the problem as well. After a few tests the following: I can't leave the lot, but I can restart the game. After restart the sim is no longer stuck, but the job is now not done. As if the sim was never at work.
If I quit the game before the end of the job is reached, the job ends normally, but unsuccessfully. Although the job bar is full and the task was completed.

Message 7 of 133 (15,151 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PSP] Paranormal Investigator: Can't complete gig because missing pop

★★★★★ Apprentice
@iSquirrelBot I had this happen when I clicked leave early after I had an hour left and met all the fully exorcised tasks and I couldn't. 630 came and went and I couldn't leave. I then clicked "leave late" after 830am and it allowed me to complete the investigation and leave.
Message 8 of 133 (14,995 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PSP] Paranormal Investigator: Can't complete gig because missing pop

★★★ Apprentice

@bewitching1 Thanks. That seems like a reasonable workaround and hopefully it does work for some people. I'm not sure whats different in my game but that unfortunately, isn't working for me. The timer counts down to 1m remaining, then sticks there, regardless of how far beyond 6:30 the game continues. Clicking the timer continues offering only the "leave early" or "stay late" neither of which do anything, regardless of the time. The cancel job button, in the job pane does nothing either. I'm still testing on a clean Sims 4 folder and I've tried letting the game go a full 24 hours beyond the 630am when the shift should have ended and the state never changes.

Message 9 of 133 (14,943 Views)

Paranormal stuff Glitch

★★★★★ Newbie

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires, magic realm, paranormal, seasons, get together, city living, vintage glamour, spooky stuff,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play paranormal investigator and the game will say you’ve exorcised the lot but then you will never be able to leave work and if you somehow do by extending time and restarting the game then it will say you failed and not pay you.
What happens when the bug occurs? The job never ends when the time runs out it says there is 0 minutes left and you can’t leave by leaving work early because nothing happens and only once extending the time and restarting the game had allowed me to leave work. So you are just stuck at the person’s house you were doing the investigation for forever and it never ends the job. I tried with one occult sim household and one regular sim household.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to complete the job and get to leave and get paid.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.

The paranormal investigator job does not work. Cannot leave work when it is over, do not get paid and says failed even when didn’t. 

Message 10 of 133 (14,872 Views)