[OPEN] [PSP] Paranormal Investigator: Can't complete gig because missing pop-up

by iSquirrelBot

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [PSP] Paranormal Investigator: Can't complete gig because missing pop

★ Guide

Having the same problem! So frustrating. I just bought the pack & was excited to play through the PI career. I tried two different times, landed in an apartment first & then a home in the Magic world. First time, I thought I needed a Seance table so I cheated into free build, grabbed it, & couldn't complete the gig. I thought that was the problem so I exited to main menu without saving (& lost a ton of progress) & tried again. The whole time, there were a ton of last exceptions. I'm not at my computer but I can post them later.

I cleared everything out of their home (sans Temperance), gig would not complete even though the side bar said i was done. It was about 3 am when I gave up. My sim kept trying to take a bath or go to sleep in this home! I switched control to someone else on my home lot & then switched back to the gig and I think it finally completed. Never got any pop-ups. 

Message 61 of 133 (1,244 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PSP] Paranormal Investigator: Can't complete gig because missing pop

★ Novice

Same issue, cannot work around it at all. Not a CC or mod user either. 

Message 62 of 133 (1,226 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@TyttaMarzh Thank you for sharing this workaround, I'll give it a try. Should it still work to remove the haunted objects manually? I'd like to avoid adding mods if possible. And just to be clear: do all objects and specters need to be removed even if your bar is full and the box is checked?

This is one reason why I never purchase packs until they're on sale. What's the point when EA continually sells us games that don't work! Ugh!

Message 63 of 133 (1,188 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@leesabobeesa in my experience i've tried to delete after the bar was full but it didn't change anything. I've tried deleting before I felt the bar was going to be full but then there always something spawning.
One thing I tried was going into CAS and coming back and it seemed to have come back (like I could do PI stuff) but then I never ever managed to complete a mission, it always failed / timed out. Like you, I paid money for this pack and it's a POOPOO
Message 64 of 133 (1,168 Views)

★★★ Novice

3 weeks later and this issue still isn't fixed... i got this pack this week as a birthday gift and it's unplayable. They really need to fix this. 

Message 65 of 133 (1,064 Views)

Re: Paranormal stuff pack

★★★★ Novice

I clicked the leave late option about 2 hours after the gig had ended and it worked the first time but not the second or third time.

Message 66 of 133 (1,011 Views)

Betreff: [OPEN] [PSP] Paranormal Investigator: Can't complete gig because missin

★★★★ Novice

Think I'll just be contacting ea for a refund at this point. I'll consider repurchasing the pack at a later date when they seem more motivated to fix the issue. Three weeks is plenty of time to bring into a developers sprint and have feedback to the community on a timeline for the fix.

Message 67 of 133 (963 Views)

Betreff: [OPEN] [PSP] Paranormal Investigator: Can't complete gig because missin

★★★★ Novice

Not only am I still having the same issue with the Paranormal Investigator career, I also bought the Interior Decorator pack and there are many issues with the interior decorator career too. It seems like the way the new careers have been added to the game is causing issues for many people.

Message 68 of 133 (914 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Update, I called EA for my refund and was told that's not an option for Game Packs at this time. The EA agent did say he was getting in touch to escalate this to the development team for what that's worth. Here's hoping friends!

Message 69 of 133 (884 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have this problem! I complete the gig but I don't get paid and I can't leave the lot. I use MCCC so i just use that to bring my active sim to her neighbor's flat and then send her home. This career is unplayable because of this bug, which is sad because I made the perfect sim for her and this career is a big part of her storyline - she's Buffy Summer's cousin and fights paranormal crime in San Myshuno! I'll have her investigate strangerville instead for now but I would love to be able to play this career soon. 

Message 70 of 133 (870 Views)