[OPEN] [PSP] Paranormal Investigator: Can't complete gig because missing pop-up

by iSquirrelBot

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [PSP] Paranormal Investigator: Can't complete gig because missing pop

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every Paranormal Investigator gig
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, stuff packs and kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Do a gig in the Paranormal Investigator career and complete all tasks.
What happens when the bug occurs? I purchased the pack when it came out but didn't play the career until after the 27/05/2021 patch. At the moment the actions gauge is fully completed and the tick is shown to indicate the job has been completed, all sims on the lot briefly T-pose and return to their original position as if they have reset. If I click on any remaining haunted objects like the ghost the icon has changed to a house showing that the game recognises the job has completed, but I am unable to leave the property in any way: if I go to cancel the job the pop up comes up asking if I want to cancel, extend my time there or remain on the property until the timer runs out and clicking any of these options does nothing; if I wait out the timer, this also does nothing. If I come out of the game and go back into it, my sims is still on the haunted property and the timer is still running with the completed job showing even if it's hours later - I've had to use cheats to transport my Sim home and the gig always fails even if I did complete it before leaving the property. 
What do you expect to see? After completing the gig I would expect to be able to end the work day and go home, receive money and/or rewards for completing the gig. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, however tried both with my mods (MC Command Center, UI Cheats Extension) and without the mods after repairing the game, and this still happens. 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I purchased the pack when it came out but only played it after the 27/05/2021 patch. 
Please describe the patch or change you made. Appears to have started after the 27/05/2021 patch. 

Message 41 of 133 (1,453 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PSP] Paranormal Investigator: Can't complete gig because missing pop

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I want to share with you what happened to me tonight:
Before finishing the gig, I deleted (using shift) all leftover cursed objects in the house (pudlets, dolls, hands, etc.) and when the bar was completed the error didn't happen, the gig was completed successfully and my sim went home... :0

Message 42 of 133 (1,437 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

You are right, thank you so much for the tip - removing the objects before the end of the gig worked.

Message 43 of 133 (1,416 Views)

★★★ Novice

@TyttaMarzh This is great info and confirms my hypothesis that the problem happens when the game tries to destroy the specters/objects at the end of a gig. I wonder if a workaround could be modded that does this automatically (and in a way that doesn't trigger the RuntimeError) when the gig meter reaches a certain point (say 95%) and then pushes it to 100% to trigger the end of the gig... I've been playing around with ways to clear the lot and I'll update if I get this to work...

Message 44 of 133 (1,387 Views)

Can’t leave paranormal investigator gig

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join the paranormal investigator career and do a job
What happens when the bug occurs? It never ends the work day even after it hits 6:30 am, trying to leave early doesn’t fix the problem either. Even if I complete the job I can’t ever leave and I’m stuck at whatever house I went to for the paranormal investigator freelance job
What do you expect to see? Sim to end workday at 6:30am when it’s supposed to end
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please see attached photos.

Message 45 of 133 (1,351 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

How are you deleting the haunted objects?  Shift + click only gave me the option to debug obejct.  I tried bb.enablefreebuild to see if I'd be able to delete the objects in build mode, but no luck--I couldn't even select them.  So frustrated.

Message 46 of 133 (1,332 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I forgot to say that for use the command Destroy Object you need a mod by TwistedMexi

this is the link:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/fix-destroy-26404031 

Message 47 of 133 (1,297 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you so much, @TyttaMarzh!  I installed the mod, deleted the extra cursed objects, and was finally able to complete my gig.  

Message 48 of 133 (1,235 Views)

★ Guide
@TyttaMarzh Did you have to wait until 6.30am to finish the gig, or did the pop up (that is supposed to open upon filling the gig bar) that asks if you want to leave the lot or stay late after completion of gig open? I tried to do the delete objects thing, but it didn't work, so wondering if I might be doing something wrong?? I have Twisted Mexi's Destroy Objects mod intsalled.
Message 49 of 133 (1,177 Views)

Paranormal Investigator Rewards

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expect batuu, outdoor retreat, moshino, bowling, vintage glamour, backyard, kds room, romantic garden, cool kitchen, lux party and the kitchen and cas kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Fix the rewards system for paranormal investigator
What happens when the bug occurs? Work day doesnt end even if you have completed the objective
What do you expect to see? Once I complete the task for paranormal investigator, the work day should end and i should get paid.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The newest patch and after I bought the newest pack

I have removed every single mod to see if it was my mods that were messing up the game and even after they were removed, the bug still occurred. I would go to the clients house and do the regular duties of paranormal investigator and after I finished the duties, it would act like it wasn't done and I would be stuck in the work day and at the client's lot with no payment or reward for accomplishing the task. The only way i have been able to fix it is end the work day early but i dont get the reward or payment.

Message 50 of 133 (1,081 Views)