[OPEN] [PSP] Paranormal Investigator: Can't complete gig because missing pop-up

by iSquirrelBot

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [PSP] Paranormal Investigator: Can't complete gig because missing pop

★★★★★ Guide
@poetryfreak I had to give up this career after buying the pack and so bought the decorating career pack hoping I could play that instead. But no! My sims can't even go to their gigs! Not unless I start a whole new game and lose all my legacy sims. It really sucks and I hope this gets fixed, as I want my sims to have something to do other than sit around talking jibberish all day or collecting seashells! I have Get Famous, but do I wan't sims screaming at my famous sims wherever they go? They can't even go on a date in GF! So basically, I'm running out of packs to play and getting very bored! The only thing I do now is build and make sims for gallery challenges!
Message 21 of 133 (2,824 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PSP] Paranormal Investigator: Can't complete gig because missing pop

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@dooziewoozie16Yes, I managed to do an exorcism at the Behr household in Windenburg, but the next gig was in an apartment and it was so hard to work out how to get in. My sim was getting bored and kept playing games on his phone or running off to see his friend Joaquin Le Chien, while I tried to work out how to get inside the place! I think I lowered the walls and then switched them back on again and by some fluke , my sim was able to get in and successfully exorcise the lot.  At least my sim is now best friends with Temperance and managed to calm her emotions. She actually turned green!  Yay!

Message 22 of 133 (2,819 Views)

Sims stuck on lot after finishing Paranormal Investigator gig

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get Together, Dream Home Decorator, Strangerville, Journey to Batuu, Realm of Magic, Paranormal, My First Pet, Nifty Knitting, Laundry Day, and all the kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a paranormal investigator gig and finish the job.
What happens when the bug occurs? When my sims successfully finish a paranormal investigator gig, no pop up asking if they want to go home or stay on the lot appears. A check mark shows in the upper left corner that the gig is complete. There is an option to end the gig early or stay late, if I click on either of those nothing happens and my sim is stuck on the lot past 6:30 a.m. I let it run to see how long they would be stuck and were stuck into the next day so I exited without saving. The sim I was playing is a spellcaster sim and I was playing expert gigs.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sim to finish the job, immediately get an option to go home or stay on the lot, and be able to go home.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was either after the new patch, or after downloading Dream Home Decorator.

I've tried exiting the game without saving and restarting the save file several times. I get different lots each time but the same thing happens. 

Message 23 of 133 (2,802 Views)

Paranormal stuff pack

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded the paranormal pack in sims 4 but I can’t get home from work. I let her go to work and I go with her but when it says 1 minute left it won’t end so I’m stuck at the haunted house. How do I fix this?

Message 24 of 133 (2,744 Views)

Re: Paranormal stuff pack

Champion

@Kates_Meltdown Hello!  There is an open bug report for this issue.  Please use the below link and click "me too" on the first post.

[OPEN] [PSP] Paranormal Investigator: Can't complete gig because missing pop-up - Answer HQ (ea.com)

@Gednaa mentioned in their post on page 2 of the thread that they were able to select the "leave late" option from the timer which then gave them the option to go home.  Maybe see if that works for you and if it does give them some XP for their post.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 25 of 133 (2,715 Views)

Re: Paranormal stuff pack

★★★ Newbie

I tried doing stay late but it didn’t work. Leave early and stay late didn’t work. I also got poor work for the first job I did (it let me go home that time) even though I did everything I could.

Message 26 of 133 (2,696 Views)

Paranormal Gigs not working - Going to gig and completing but still fail

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ~Expansion Packs: Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Get To Work. ~Game Packs: Dream Home Decorator, Parenthood, Dine Out. ~Stuff Packs: Paranormal (The one bugged), Tiny Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Obtain Paranormal Investigator license and enter the career. Select the hard Gig and enter that gig with your sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? Once you "Exorcised the lot" you don't actually finish the gig and it bugs out. Can't leave, can't work late. I tried saving and exiting which perceives to fix and requires to continue exorcising the lot but once the gig finishes, it says I've failed and didn't do anything. I do not know if it happens with the other gigs.
What do you expect to see? Actually get paid for a successful gig.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The newest patch seemed to have broken the gigs, this has not happened before.

I really love the Paranormal stuff pack but trying to do this multiple times is annoying...

Any ideas?
Screenshots are labeled.

Message 27 of 133 (2,696 Views)

★ Novice
@iSquirrelBot I'm on an easy career gig and I'm stuck.
Message 28 of 133 (2,655 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@SarahScharnweber I've quite the career now. Fed up trying to find a way of getting into apartments on easiest career. Pay is less than DJing. Who needs this?
Message 29 of 133 (2,621 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem. I thought saving and exiting the game whilst at a gig and returning might help. The sound cue would then play when I had completed enough tasks, but the pop-up wouldn't show and my sim was still unable to leave normally. I could leave early, but that would result in a failed job. If I did not restart the game during the gig, I would not even be able to leave early.

Message 30 of 133 (2,474 Views)