Re: [OPEN] [PSP] Paranormal Investigator: Can't complete gig because missing pop

by JackOnYourBack

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [PSP] Paranormal Investigator: Can't complete gig because missing pop

★★★★ Novice

for as long as this has been going on for now and with as far as I can tell, no signs of anything being done or even acknowledged, I don't think this is going to be fixed..... maybe better chances of it being noticed by them would be contacting live chat or creating a ticket? If enough people send in there then maybe they will finally say they are at least looking into it and working on a fix... 

Message 91 of 133 (697 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have this exact same problem. I have no mods and no CC. I have all Expansions. OR, Spa, Dine, Parenthood, JA, Strangerville, DHD. Kids room, Laundry, MFP, Tiny, Knitting, and Paranormal. I have the most current version of the game and all updates. I just purchased Paranormal a couple weeks ago and this is the 1st time I've tried playing with it. I go to a gig, and 100% of the time I am unable to finish the gig.... The event timer correctly counts down and it checks the box saying I completed the job, but the event never ends. I am not able to do anything but exit to the main menu and reload the family by selecting to play a different sim on the lot. My sim never completes a gig, never gets paid, and has to ultimately end up cancelling it because she'll finally get home when I reload as another sim and it still says the job starts the night before. Clicking the stay late/leave early button does absolutely nothing. It's really frustrating. They keep pushing put pack after pack after pack in quick succession and things are not even playable anymore. We need to get these bugs fixed and make the game playable before pushing out brand new content, because ultimately, whenever brand new content is pushed out it is also released bugging.... I'm looking at you DHD.... Maybe spend more time developing new stuff and release it working so that you have more time to go back and fix all the original stuff. I am really getting fed up spending my money on packs that I can't even play... I paid money and got nothing in return =[

Message 92 of 133 (682 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Bazzett2013 wrote:

I have this exact same problem. I have no mods and no CC. I have all Expansions. OR, Spa, Dine, Parenthood, JA, Strangerville, DHD. Kids room, Laundry, MFP, Tiny, Knitting, and Paranormal. I have the most current version of the game and all updates. I just purchased Paranormal a couple weeks ago and this is the 1st time I've tried playing with it. I go to a gig, and 100% of the time I am unable to finish the gig.... The event timer correctly counts down and it checks the box saying I completed the job, but the event never ends. I am not able to do anything but exit to the main menu and reload the family by selecting to play a different sim on the lot. My sim never completes a gig, never gets paid, and has to ultimately end up cancelling it because she'll finally get home when I reload as another sim and it still says the job starts the night before. Clicking the stay late/leave early button does absolutely nothing. It's really frustrating. They keep pushing put pack after pack after pack in quick succession and things are not even playable anymore. We need to get these bugs fixed and make the game playable before pushing out brand new content, because ultimately, whenever brand new content is pushed out it is also released bugging.... I'm looking at you DHD.... Maybe spend more time developing new stuff and release it working so that you have more time to go back and fix all the original stuff. I am really getting fed up spending my money on packs that I can't even play... I paid money and got nothing in return =[

Same thing happening to me and these are exactly my thoughts. So effin tired of seeing new content being released, tons of useless updates and events such as this summer festival, while the game has SO many bugs and crashes, it's getting tiring. Fix the stuff we already have before releasing new stuff - that will also probably be bugged when gets released. It's been 7 years and it seems it just can't get any better, the only interest is getting the $ from us, players.

Message 93 of 133 (675 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@MissKittyMuffins There is no way of contacting EA at all, Live chat no longer works nd the support phone number tells you to go online!
Message 94 of 133 (641 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am also having this issue. Really disappointed as I just got Paranormal and was excited to play the career. But the first gig never completed as the timer never came to an end. Regret spending £10 on it now as the core feature of the pack is broken.

Message 95 of 133 (616 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@GeorgeBoldt yes there is, make sure you are signed in on ea help and go here https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
you may have to type in the name of the game
Message 96 of 133 (598 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same here. I bought the pack about a week ago and was patiently waiting for my sim to be able to join the career to then to find out it doesn't work. So now I have a useless family in my save with no purpose. I wish I never bought it since it will probably take years for them to fix it, if they fix it all all since it's not "family play". :'(

Message 97 of 133 (565 Views)

★★ Apprentice

All roads lead to Rome, as they say--or, in the case of EA, to Answers HQ.  I followed the prompts at https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ and, instead of allowing me to submit a report or a request for assistance, the form directed me right back to Answers HQ.  Screenshot attached. 

Message 98 of 133 (523 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@rockthetropics0 Probably because you're reporting a bug and this is where they want you to report bugs. This is how they keep track of them.
Message 99 of 133 (511 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's still broken...

I was so excited for this pack.

I try it again every few weeks and it's still not letting me finish gigs.

So disappointing.

Message 100 of 133 (448 Views)