Re: Paranormal Investigator career apartment bug

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero
@yaz12345 Looks like this report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Apartments-not-loading/m-p/10004654

Would be interesting to know if it only happens on the job or is a more general issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 89 (3,304 Views)

Re: Apartments not loading

Hero
@Kasabob Could you try this suggestion: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Paranormal-Investigator-career-apartment-bug/m-p/10013038#M173... ?

Did you also have a gig there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 89 (1,920 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@LadyLionette wrote:

I switched the walls down and back up to full wall height and the door came back

Weird, that didn't work for me. I spent the whole job just in the hall hoping enough spawned there to finish the job. There was also a creepy doll in the room housing the lift that I couldn't access, so that was frustrating!

Message 13 of 89 (3,289 Views)

Hero
@yaz12345 If you go back after the job, are the doors still missing ? What about the windows ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 14 of 89 (3,284 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict 

I went back after the job, doors and windows are now both back.

Message 15 of 89 (3,278 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero

@yaz12345 OK. Thanks for the info.

Looks like something is going on

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 89 (3,272 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes it’s the same property, I’ve read the thread and the suggestions I’ve tried, the only thing I’ve managed to do to “temporary” sort is is make the sim walk out side the building then messing around with the wall heights I’ve managed to make the door appear so my sim was able to knock which unlocked the apartment, the windows still stayed glitched out tho.

Message 17 of 89 (1,904 Views)

Hero
@Kasabob And you didn't have a gig there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 89 (1,757 Views)

Haunted Apartment Bug

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? investigate a haunted apartment in the Paranormal Investigator career
What happens when the bug occurs? The apartment doors disappear and you can't get in
What do you expect to see? Apartment with a door to knock on
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When in the paranormal career and you have to investigate a haunted apartment the door to the apartment is gone and the apartment is empty.  If you transport your sim into the apartment it stays empty and your sim is invisible.  All the seances have to be done in the hallway which is annoying cause its narrow and a lot of times the sim tries to escape out the elevator

Message 19 of 89 (3,055 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PSP] Paranormal Investigator: Appartement is missing door

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue as well! I thought it was just me playing for too long until I reloaded the game to find the same problems. I just started to write up a bug report when I saw you were having the same problems. Hopefully this can get fixed soon, my Sim is doing terrible in her paranormal career because she can't get inside.

Message 20 of 89 (2,865 Views)