Re: [OPEN] [PSP] P. Investigator: Lots Don't Spawn with Specters or Cursed Objec

by alanmichael1

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [PSP] P. Investigator: Lots Don't Spawn with Specters or Cursed Objec

★★★★ Novice

It’s been a couple months. I just got the pack and am now having this issue too so it has not been patched 

Message 51 of 72 (1,349 Views)

★ Guide

This is still happening, and it is very annoying. I have never modded my game in any way. My two sims in the career at the moment are spellcasters, but spell casters are supposed to be better at this, they gain skill faster in the paranormal skill so it would make sense that they can do the career. 

Message 52 of 72 (1,279 Views)

★ Guide

I had the same problem, then I discovered that we can solve it following these steps:
1- Have your paranormal investigator sim reach medium skill level 5 using the sèance table. (So he/she will be able to create a sèance circle anywhere)

2- Once in a haunted house without specters or cursed objects appearing, create a sèance circle and use "perform ceremony" interaction. It will advance your performance in that haunted house, and probably complete the gig.

Message 53 of 72 (1,201 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here. Came back to four after playing three for about a year, and still not working. Someone on one of the groups I’m in on Fb says it has to be a haunted residential lot for specters to appear.

Message 54 of 72 (1,141 Views)

★ Guide

For anyone wondering, still not fixed. In fact, the suggested workaround of just doing the seance circle and spamming the interaction to decursify the lot is often not enough to complete the more difficult gigs and also really, REALLY boring. It's been ages and I wanna play my families who I litterally made to be mediums to be propperly playable again -.-

Message 55 of 72 (1,124 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Indeed, I gave the career another chance and the gigs worked 5 times, then nothing.

Message 56 of 72 (1,094 Views)

★ Novice

Still not fixed. Still. 

Message 57 of 72 (1,041 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Have this problem too, for me it had no spectres from the very first investigation I did. I'm playing as a resurrected Guidry at max medium skill, I just have to spam ceremonies until the bar fills. Cursed objects and Temperance spawn occasionally, but not nearly as much as they used to when I first bought the pack when it came out- and no spectres spawn at all. I haven't tested around with solutions yet but there doesn't seem to be an all-encompassing fix yet anyway.

Message 58 of 72 (896 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm playing the paranormal career again and the problem with specters not appearing in lots is still occurring. Cursed objects still appear, however, if you don't have the maximum skill level to cast a circle and perform the ritual, you will likely fail the job for lack of enough cursed objects to complete the task. Game version: 1.96.397.1020  I posted a short video showing that there are no ghost specters on the lot: https://twitter.com/JMoon_gamer/status/1642672869078343681

Message 59 of 72 (719 Views)

Re: [PSP] Paranormal Investigator: Lots Don't Spawn with Specters or Cursed Obje

★★★★ Novice
@Rockette221 It is April 2023 and I have the exact same issue. Disabled all mods and custom content, even though everything worked at the beginning of my sim’s career when mods were still enabled. With no mods and custom content no specters are spawning, so my sim can’t do expert level gigs as she just won’t have anything to do to fill the performance bar on top.
Message 60 of 72 (659 Views)