Re: [OPEN] [PSP] P. Investigator: Lots Don't Spawn with Specters or Cursed Objec

by cfenners

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [PSP] P. Investigator: Lots Don't Spawn with Specters or Cursed Objec

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I also have this problem and it's a pain. I recently took a few of my favourite sims (one of which is my paranormal investigator) and moved them into a clean save - unfortunately the problem has moved into the new save, first gig and the spectres are not spawning. I'm going to try quitting the career and starting again.

Edit: Quitting the career and rejoing did nothing, spectres still did not spawn. And on top of this now when I max out the bar and "finish" the gig, the gig doesn't actually finish and my sim is stuck on the lot. Trying to end the gig early did not work either. I had to wait for the kids to come back from school so I could switch the active sim in order to go back home.

Message 41 of 72 (3,160 Views)

Paranormal investigator gig not spawning paranormal things

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Island Living, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Snowy Escape, Get Together, Realm of Magic, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Paranormal, Moschino, Laundry Day, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have any sim join paranormal investigator career, go to an expert gig
What happens when the bug occurs? There aren't enough things spawning to successfully pass the expert gig. There are no specters, Temperance doesn't show up, nothing. A few dolls/hands/tendrils/symbols, but only one like every hour or two, so it's not possible to complete the exorcism. The only significant way to increase the exorcism bar is by completing ceremonies, but even these aren't enough since my sim can only do 2 or 3 before becoming too tired to do anything else, and the bar still isn't filled.
What do you expect to see? I expect on an expert level gig for there to be an almost unmanageable number of creepy items, specters, and certainly Temperance. I only saw Temperance show up once during a beginner gig, and never since then. I've never had any specters show up at any gig. This makes it impossible to complete the expert level gig.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

There are never enough spooky things to get rid of for intermediate/expert level gigs to be able to pass them. I can sometimes pass the intermediate one if my sim has enough energy to do a bunch of ceremonies, but never for the advanced gig. My sim is not occult, and this issue happens with multiple sims/saves. My sim's medium skill is maxed out. I've never had any specters show up, and Temperance only showed up once, on a beginner level gig. It doesn't matter which lot it is or anything. This is my first time playing a paranormal investigator, so I don't know if this is a new issue with the recent patches or something that's been a continuous problem. I typically have MCCC installed, but I've disabled mods and the issue still shows up.

Message 42 of 72 (3,138 Views)

Re: Paranormal investigator gig not spawning paranormal things

★ Guide

My sim is arriving on lots for their paranormal investigation and there is nothing for them to do there, no specters no cursed objects. I am playing on my home lot in hero mode and there might be one green puddle a day. No specters

Message 43 of 72 (2,920 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same with my game. Eventually a few cursed objects will slowly appear if my Sim performs the ritual at the seance ring but it takes so long. I haven't seen any specters at all but temperance appeared once. 

Message 44 of 72 (2,907 Views)

★ Novice

Exactly the same issue here.  The first few investigations worked and then no ghosts or anything at all when I first turn up.  This has really spoilt my game, wish I knew what to do now. Frown

Message 45 of 72 (2,867 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Firstly I thought no specters expected to appear at the beginning, I mean I thought it was by design but after failing bunch of gigs due to lack of paranormal events; I realized there is a bug... Even for a hard gig, no specters appear and only a few eerie hands / weird dolls spawning. I hope there will be a fix for this asap!

Message 46 of 72 (2,773 Views)

★★★★ Pro

This still happens even in new vanilla saves.

Message 47 of 72 (2,679 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I'm seeing this issue as well.

Found a mod that fixes this bug, search google for "sims 4 Paranormal Investigator Startup Fix".

Message 48 of 72 (2,629 Views)

★ Apprentice

Still not fixed. New save and my investigator has no spectres appearing on lot. She had 2 spooky dolls appear along with the angry ghost and that was it. This was an easy level gig.

I had heard that the bug was due to your sim also living on a haunted lot but my sim is not living in one of those.

Message 49 of 72 (2,524 Views)

★ Guide

I have the same problem, in my legacy save both of my paranormal investigators don't get any specters on gigs anymore and rarely any objects. They are both spellcasters and live on a haunted house lot, I have sent both of them to work alone, but it wasn't the trigger, it just randomly happened at some point. I think the first broken gig was at the Goths house. In a different save where the sim also lives on a haunted house lot but is a normal human it also happened. It happend with and without mods and since it happened in two saves, I am pretty sure something is bugged.

Message 50 of 72 (2,490 Views)