Re: [OPEN] [PSP] P. Investigator: Lots Don't Spawn with Specters or Cursed Objec

by Nedrane

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [PSP] P. Investigator: Lots Don't Spawn with Specters or Cursed Objec

★ Apprentice

So before finding this thread I did a bit of testing. I have three saves with sims actively working the paranormal career, two of them the lots load fine for the career the third it doesn't. The one that doesn't I tried starting fresh with a different sim and it was the same problem. So it seems that once the issue starts in a save it stays in that save. Now for the one that is NOT working, she is a normal sim, the second one I tried was a vampire. In the two that are working, I think they actually were both spellcasters. Also, I don't know that it makes a difference, but the ones that are working Strangerville was completed, the one that is not it was NOT completed until after I started the paranormal career. Oh, and the ones that are working they had the brave trait, while the one that is not they did not have it. Don't know if these details make a difference or not but these are things that I know are different from the saves that are working. Almost forgot your last question, I have never sent any of my sims by themselves for the paranormal career.

Message 31 of 72 (2,137 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I’m experiencing the same issue. I wish it was fixed because my sim is constantly failing gigs and now her performance bar is at the bottom :/
Message 32 of 72 (2,053 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@ImKershaStart doing the easy gigs. When your sims performance is high, start doing the adept, and then the expert. My Haunted Residential's seem to get a few specters (2 green) that I haven’t seen in about a month. 

Message 33 of 72 (2,029 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@mrbigbossman89 I didn’t get to higher level gigs yet. I was doing the easy ones only.
Message 34 of 72 (2,019 Views)

★★ Novice
@ImKersha My performance was poor. I thought I had to do it within the time limit. Extend your time. Summon Guidry and Bonehilda. Those are always the first things I do. I go looking for objects. Sometimes they’re scarce. Perform the ceremony. When you energy depletes, take a nap and do it again.
Message 35 of 72 (1,994 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Have this issue, too.
I am on XSX and it happened after I changed my household.
I removed two Sims (wife and stepdaughter) and created another household member.
The next gig I had was without any specters and I also couldn‘t open the door at the haunted lot.
The door might be another problem, as this was just once, but since the change in the household my game is bugged in the paranormal investigator job.
By the way: played at least 20 times and still not got the blue specter, but five times the red one....

Edit: Loaded the save game before I split up the households and specters and everything are normal on my gig.
Then loaded my changed household game and it was broken again.
So it hast to be affected by changing households.

Message 36 of 72 (1,742 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I had this bug with one of my Sims - never had any spectres on site (though they were abundant in his haunted residence), low instances of other haunting stuff...so doing a job had to be on beginner or spam the ceremony.  Still enjoyed it though, so when that Sim's grandson wanted a job to do to sporadically earn some money during university, it seemed like just the thing.
Colour me surprised, when he had PERFECT investigator jobs - tons of spectres and and abundance of cursed objects to smash and mop. Every time.Where Bert struggled to complete the higher level jobs in even an extended time frame, Grant had enough spawned objects, he'd finish an expert in a couple hours, with no ceremony at all needed.

Grant lived in university housing. He had perfect investigations the entire time he lived on campus.  After graduation, he moved into a house. First job when he lived there? Was like Bert's had been, with no spectres or cursed objects. And every time after. To note: Bert always lived in a house.
So, Grant went back to university, living on campus. Back to proper investigations, with spectres and objects.  Second term, we moved into an appartment. Proper investigations continued. Moved into house - broken investigations. Moved back to appartment - investigations remained broken. Back to campus - investigations fixed. Back to appartment - working investigations.

Message 37 of 72 (1,681 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

My Sim is a spellcaster, and we did several of these gigs.  She never saw a single specter at any gig.

We did see cursed objects, but not very many.  We just performed ceremonies over and over, bought the customers some Sacred Candles, and gnome-kicked the very few objects that showed up (the highest difficulty gig spawned maybe four or five objects). 

She had decent job performance, but doing ceremonies over and over again all night is kind of boring so she switched careers.  (She's a super sim and needs to finish all careers anyway.)

[Edited to add:  She has completed the Strangerville mystery and lives in a penthouse.  She also has the Brave trait.]

Message 38 of 72 (1,650 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Kabetz57 further play - post university fixed jobs only stayed when living in Evergreen Harbour apartments. San Myshuno apartments broke again after 1 night.
also to note - i have all content, and I do use mods that I have not disabled through this. and since we're interested, my investigators have been human.
Message 39 of 72 (1,623 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Yeah, I tried again because I’m really enjoying the pack in another safe, but my Sim just quit the career again. Not enough things spawned. She spammed ceremonies, but the bar looked full so I let her chat with the client for an hour and she failed the gig.  

I sent her back to her previous career. She also didn’t get specters at her home lot.

This is an older save; I did start a new one with different Sims and things spawn fine at home. (He’s not in the career yet.) I don’t know if that makes a difference. 

Message 40 of 72 (1,490 Views)