Re: [OPEN] [PSP] P. Investigator: Lots Don't Spawn with Specters or Cursed Objec

by Silkenray

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [PSP] P. Investigator: Lots Don't Spawn with Specters or Cursed Objec

★ Novice

I have not tested this with another sim but I have this bug with my spellcaster. I've never sent her to work alone. Around the third time I went with her to work no haunted objects would spawn.

Message 21 of 72 (3,021 Views)

★ Novice

I deleted a bunch of stuff from my sim’s inventory, then went on a gig, and suddenly the spectres and haunted objects were there. Then I replaced the knitting stash I’d had in my inventory, and knitted something new, and the next gig had nothing. Could it be something to do with the stash and/or knitted items being in the sim’s inventory?

Message 22 of 72 (2,979 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Have tested this on a brand new save, with no mods installed. Aging is turned on for active household. Added in two investigator sims, one is a vampire and the other is a human sim. Human sim and vampire sim both live with another occult sim (vampire lives with a spellcaster, and human sim lives with a mermaid). Neither of the sims have spectres or cursed objects spawn in when they go to work. Cursed objects and temperance do spawn in as time passes on the lot, but I am unable to complete the job successfully if I don't spend most of the investigation spamming the seance option. I have not sent either sim to work alone.

Can provide my save file if needed.

Message 23 of 72 (2,914 Views)

Sims 4 Ghost hunter- ghosts won't show

★★★ Newbie

I just bought the sims 4 paranormal. My sims is a ghost hunter. The career worked fine the first 3 houses i visited. But not when I go to work at a house there are no ghosts, only creepy objects. This makes it very difficult to actually get money as  can't ask the ghosts to go away. Is this bug lots of people are having? Is there a way to fix it?

Message 24 of 72 (2,889 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Ghost hunter- ghosts won't show

Champion (Retired)

@gabbychick931 

The spectres will appear eventually it can take a little time. Just go around clearing the various spooky items

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 25 of 72 (2,882 Views)

Hero
@gabbychick931 Others are having this issue too. I merged your post with the bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 72 (2,846 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Have found for me at the moment, a 'workaround' is to use the spawning cheats below when investigating; however to active these cheats TwistedMexi's All Cheats Mod [Admin - removing third party link] needs to be installed. Cheats for spawning are below:

loot.apply_to_sim loot_HauntedHouse_SpecterSpawn_ParanormalInvestigator_ZoneIn_Easy

For the easy investigations (green spectres)

loot.apply_to_sim loot_HauntedHouse_SpecterSpawn_ParanormalInvestigator_ZoneIn

For the adept investigations (blue spectres)

loot.apply_to_sim loot_HauntedHouse_SpecterSpawn_ParanormalInvestigator_ZoneIn_Hard

For the hard investigations (red spectres)

Still, not everyone likes to use cheats and mods, and it kind of defeats the purpose having to use the cheats in order to be able to continuously use the Paranormal Investigator career.

Message 27 of 72 (2,753 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ugh!  This happens to me too!!  I've been on several easy and medium investigations and passed them all but fail every expert investigation!!  Very frustrating!! 😡😡

Message 28 of 72 (2,708 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have 2 sims of the same household. The first sim I joined the paranormal career seem to work fine up to this date. But when i send the second sim out on a gig Specters doesn't show up and i don't finish the job.

Message 29 of 72 (2,610 Views)

★★★ Guide

I thought this was normal because I have never had a job spawn with anything spooky already on the lot. The cursed objects and specters never or rarely appear so I can only get through the job with the seance circle and sleep replacement.

Message 30 of 72 (2,512 Views)