Re: [OPEN] [PSP] P. Investigator: Lots Don't Spawn with Specters or Cursed Objec

by SnowieSimmer

Original Post

[OPEN] [PSP] P. Investigator: Lots Don't Spawn with Specters or Cursed Objects

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? At some point after joining the Paranormal Investigator Freelance career, the active lots your Sim goes to for work will stop loading in with specters and cursed objects. At this point, you can replicate the bug 100% of the time regardless of gig difficulty or lot location/size.
What happens when the bug occurs? My Paranormal Investigator loads onto a haunted lot without any specters or cursed objects. Cursed objects and Temperance can spawn over time, but often times not enough will spawn to fill the progress bar before you run out of time.
What do you expect to see? Work lot to be sufficiently haunted before my Sim arrives, then continue to spawn cursed objects, etc. while they are there.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This started happening sometime after my Sim started the career--the first 4-5 gigs worked correctly with cursed items and specters already spawned upon arrival. After that, every time my Sim went to a lot for her career they were affected by this bug. The attached screenshots are of a lot taken as my Sim loaded into it for work.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 72 (16,822 Views)

Re: [PSP] Paranormal Investigator: Lots Don't Spawn with Specters or Cursed Obje

★★★★★ Novice

I also have this issue.

I have completed 3 novice paranormal gigs, 3 medium and 1 expert. I have not yet seen any ghosts or specters at any of them and the expert one I failed because there weren't enough items to clear or anything to do.

Message 2 of 72 (16,678 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PSP] P. Investigator: Lots Don't Spawn with Specters or Cursed Objec

★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same problem, after about four jobs no haunted anything when I arrive on the lot. Like you said sometimes haunted objects/temperance will spawn over time but no where near enough stuff! Especially after what it was at the beginning. I just have to keep doing ceremonies and hope the bar fills up...really disappointing because I was enjoying this pack!

Message 3 of 72 (16,562 Views)

★ Guide

Also having this issue. My first paranormal investigator I had aging on, and I didn't get any broken lots, though I didn't get that far. Current game I'm playing with aging off and now the lots don't spawn right after a few gigs. Could be related?

Workaround, even for expert gigs, is to make a seance circle on the ground and spam "Perform Ceremony". I haven't failed any gigs yet doing this.

Message 4 of 72 (16,526 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

At least for me, there's a cooldown on the "Perform Ceremony" action, so I can't constantly spam it.

Message 5 of 72 (16,510 Views)

★ Guide

For me, there's only a cooldown on my home lot, however I can spam it in the gigs. Have you tried to do it multiple times on the gigs?

Message 6 of 72 (16,506 Views)

Hero
Would anyone mind sending me their save ? Instructions in my signature.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 72 (16,384 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

I tested this on a fresh save (my original one was one I had from before the patch) and went through 10 work nights with everything spawning correctly. A way to avoid this bug may be to use a clean save.

Message 8 of 72 (16,334 Views)

★★ Guide

same here on XB1, first and second gig worked fine but after that no more specters and very little spawning of cursed objects.

Message 9 of 72 (16,291 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Question for everyone that has this issue:
- Have you tested a different Sim to see if they get the same issue ?
- Is your Sim some kind of occult ?

- Did you ever send the Sim to a job on their own ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 72 (16,257 Views)