by stjmk

Original Post

[OPEN] [PSP] Lights revert to auto on Haunted Lot

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.37
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? On a haunted lot, select any light and "turn on" followed by "all lights". Every light will turn on but as soon as a sim enters a room and leaves the lights have reverted to auto lights.
What happens when the bug occurs? The lights change from aways on to auto lights.
What do you expect to see? I do expect to see flickering and lights being turned off during hauntings, but when the lights aren't being manipulated I expect them to remain on if that is how they are set.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This happens with the new Paranormal Pack.

This is very frustrating and I really hope it isn't intended to be a "feature".  I enjoy seeing the houses that I've built and a well-lit house in-game is less likely to trigger my migraines.  It is very frustrating, since the hauntings happen at night, to have to constantly click a lamp or ceiling light and turn them all on over and over again (especially since my favorite lights are small).

I was trying to play without enabling cheats but I may experiment with the environmental lights in the hidden objects to see if they will stay on all of the time in the meantime?

EDIT: The "ambient lights" from the hidden objects do seem to work for now, but kind of kill the mood.

EDIT #2: Actually, the "ambient lights" only lasted until I saved and reloaded, then they were also turned off (not during a haunting), so they are not a workaround.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 21 (6,264 Views)

Re: Lights revert to auto on Haunted Lot

★★★★★ Novice
@Avanthalas I am experiencing this as well and assumed it was intentional for haunted houses.
Message 2 of 21 (6,238 Views)

Re: Lights revert to auto on Haunted Lot

★★★★ Apprentice

Okay, I do finally have a workaround that survives being saved and reloaded: if you enable "bb.showliveeditobjects" and "bb.moveobjects" you can use the "swamp flower post" streetlight to add candlelight-ish light to any room and it will stay lit.  Just shrink the street lamp down to the smallest size and put it in the same space as something like a table, crates, barrels, cupboard, etc.  It also seems to work with the wooden post lights (unknown is the item name) from snowy escape, which look somewhat like a table lamp if you shrink them down and put them in the same space as a table.  Some of the "unknown" floor type lamps from that pack stay lit as well but do not actually provide a lot of functional light.

Message 3 of 21 (6,206 Views)

Re: [PSP] Lights revert to auto on Haunted Lot

★★★★ Apprentice
@Avanthalas experiencing this on PC as well and thinking it's related to the haunted house lot. Still I'd prefer to override that "feature"
Message 4 of 21 (6,034 Views)

Re: [PSP] Lights revert to auto on Haunted Lot

★★★★★ Novice

Also having this problem. Makes haunted houses almost unplayable because i need to constantly turn light on. 

Message 5 of 21 (6,012 Views)

House lights not staying on

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? most recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? most
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play with rock ridge canyon house.
What happens when the bug occurs? I continually press turn all lights on - and they still go off all the time. I don't want auto lights, but they seem to be set automatically to auto and I can't get that to stop.
What do you expect to see? I expect them to never go off when I press turn on all lights.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please help me remove the auto lights feature. I can't figure out how they got set to auto lights, and it won't turn stop. I like keeping their lights on always, as it makes it easier to see. 

Message 6 of 21 (5,913 Views)

Re: House lights not staying on

Hero
@LauraKl10 can you try bulldozing the lot and re-placing the house ? (save to gallery first of course)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 21 (5,897 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I replaced the house with a house from the gallery - don't know if that's the same thing as bulldozing. It continued to happen after downloading a new house from the gallery. 

Message 8 of 21 (5,886 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@LauraKl10Lights revert to auto on Haunted Lot:  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-PSP-Lights-revert-to-auto-on-Haunted-Lot/m-p/10029896#M17...

You don't by any chance have the Paranormal Stuff and the lot type is Haunted House Residential? Just wondering if it's related.

Message 9 of 21 (5,880 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yup - that looks like the same bug. My house is haunted. I know when Temperance shows up the power goes out. The issue is that the lights revert to auto even during the day. 

Message 10 of 21 (5,868 Views)