[FIXED] [PSP] [DHD] [CL] Apartment:Missing Door (P. Investigator/Decorat/Visit)

by yaz12345

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [PSP] Paranormal Investigator: Appartement is missing door

★★★★ Novice

Every apartment has no door to knock on. I can't get them to come back when I click on the walls view. The only way i can complete the task is to preform a ritual in the hallway. If the doll or ghosts are in the hallway I can do something with them. The door to the other apartment is there, just not the one I was sent too.

Message 31 of 89 (1,136 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The best I've been able to get around this is create a seance circle and preform ceremony over and over.

Message 32 of 89 (1,136 Views)

Re: Paranormal Investigator gig - bug at Torendi Tower?

Hero
@SeptSeventh Did the door go missing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 89 (1,031 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It happened to me too (on pc and I got several MODs, but I understand it's not a problem caused by CC).
As well as the same apartment mentioned in the first post, it also happened to me in a house in Winderburg, but I somehow managed to knock on a spot near the wall. Also, I had managed to bring another Sim with me who knocked on the missing door with no problem.

Message 34 of 89 (1,083 Views)

★ Guide

Happened to me too for both the paranormal career & just visiting an apartment

Message 35 of 89 (1,065 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:
@SeptSeventhDid the door go missing ?

In my case, I can't even find a door. I'm not familiar with this particular lot so I'm not even sure where residents normally enter and exit from. But when my sim arrived for the investigation, she was outside at ground level. Since she's a spellcaster, I could have her fly up to the area outside of the penthouse, but there was no way to get in. The door at the bottom of the building is not clickable, and none of the visible doors into the penthouse were clickable, even though they were still visible. I could see the spirits inside the penthouse but could not get in at all. Needless to say I failed that investigation. 

Message 36 of 89 (1,015 Views)

Hero
@DiamondGrrl Moving this over to the door bug report.

The other issue is most likely the same but I haven't had confirmation from OP.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 89 (988 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I also have this issue, but it started occurring for me before buying the paranormal pack. It rendered visiting some apartments impossible while playing, but occasionally my sim would enter an apartment autonomously after starting a conversation with the inhabitants, and even interact with items within the apartment while everything was still invisible. The sim in question would also become invisible upon entering the apartment. I believe that this glitch is independent of the paranormal pack though.

Message 38 of 89 (922 Views)

Re: City living: my sims can't visit apartments or have visitor to own place

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I just started having this issue too and I was wondering if any solutions had been found in recent weeks. I have Get to Work, City Living, and Seasons (the latter two I just bought a few days ago), and have only noticed the loading issue with one apartment in CL so far, but I haven't traveled to all the apartments yet. Because I don't own/rent the apartment that's being affected, is there even a way to try the wall thing?

Message 39 of 89 (1,113 Views)

Re: City living: my sims can't visit apartments or have visitor to own place

★★ Novice

I managed to find a temporary way to get past this ages ago but not fully fix it, I made my sim go outside the apartment on the street and I’m unsure what I did from there but I managed to be able to see the door where the “knock” option was so I could get my sim to knock on the door and then it unlocked/loaded the apartment

Message 40 of 89 (1,083 Views)