Re: Apartment doors missing when visiting

by simvasion

Original Post

Re: No Doors in Apartments/Condo Complex

Hero
@karebear780 I merged your post with the bug report on this. Please click me too on the first post.

(I do assume you mean no doors and not no games)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 81 of 89 (1,747 Views)

Apartment doors missing when visiting

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.86.166.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Journey to Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim visit another sim who lives in an apartment.
What happens when the bug occurs? When visiting a sim who lives in an apartment, after a few seconds the apartment door will disappear and I can't interact with it to knock on the door anymore, meaning I can't visit them.
What do you expect to see? The apartment door to stay and to be able to visit the sim by knocking on the door.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The only temporary fix I have to this is using the bb.enablefreebuild cheat, entering build mode then exiting again. This brings the door back for about 5 seconds in which I can interact with the door.

Message 82 of 89 (1,694 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@KoalaPandaa do you play with the walls down or up? I think there's an issue with the door being invisible if you play with walls down - but if you put them up for a sec, then you will be able to see the door and interact with it. Then you can put the walls down again if you prefer it that way.

Message 83 of 89 (5,102 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@simvasion wow, that fixed it! thanks so much!
Message 84 of 89 (1,681 Views)

Apartment door missing, all outlined solutions not working

★★★ Newbie

All my apartment doors are gone. I have tried all the solutions that have been outlined here. I deleted all my mods, repaired the game, reset my files. When I reset my files and started a new game to see if the doors were back, they were. However once I placed my save files back into the Sims folder and played the game, the doors were gone again. Is there any way to fix this?

Message 85 of 89 (1,620 Views)

Re: Apartment door missing, all outlined solutions not working

Hero
@irajj1 I merged your post with the bug report on this. Could you try Simvasions solution above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 86 of 89 (1,597 Views)

Disappearing Doors in Apartments

★★ Novice

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape; Eco Lifestyle Discover University; Island Living Seasons; Cats & Dogs City Living; Get Together; Get to Work Realm of Magic; Vampires; Dine Out; Spa Day Tiny Living, Moschino; Fitness; Movie Hangout; Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load game and go to Sim's apartment. Note this happens after certain updates.
What happens when the bug occurs? All doors in the apartment building are missing. Sim cannot get into or out of their apartment and cannot access any rooms inside of the apartment.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see all of the doors when walls are shown, and that they all work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape; Eco Lifestyle Discover University; Island Living Seasons; Cats & Dogs City Living; Get Together; Get to Work Realm of Magic; Vampires; Dine Out; Spa Day Tiny Living, Moschino; Fitness; Movie Hangout; Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Sim's apartment.
What happens when the bug occurs? All doors in the apartment building are missing. Sim cannot get into or out of their apartment and cannot access any rooms inside of the apartment.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see all of the doors when walls are shown, and that they all work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 87 of 89 (1,401 Views)

Re: Apartments not loading

★★★ Newbie

I always have the same problem, you have to put the walls up and then the door should appear. You have to knock on the door before you put the walls back down and then you can enter the apartment, otherwise the door will disappear again.

Message 88 of 89 (1,121 Views)

Re: Apartments not loading

Hero

Sims making a living as a Paranormal Investigator and autonomously visiting San Myshuno often found that doors were missing from apartments unless you were in Walls Up view. Doors should now show up as expected. But are they really there? Someone should investigate! Spoooooky!

Fixed in Patch 1.95.207/1.69

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread. This was also happening in other circumstances then paranormal career so if you still have issues, please post what you did to get it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 89 of 89 (2,372 Views)