Re: City living: my sims can't visit apartments or have visitor to own place

by hanem96

Original Post

Re: Paranormal Investigator career apartment bug

★★ Novice

I had this problem with Jasmine Suites as well as Landgraab VIII.

Message 21 of 89 (1,830 Views)

City living: my sims can't visit apartments or have visitor to own place

★★★ Newbie

Help! I have just bought and installed city living, eco lifestyle and island living. Created a new game and playing in San Myshuno with a new sim. My sim cannot visit other sims apartments. After the loading screen, they arrive in the building but the appartment is empty and there's no visible door that can be knocked. Also when I invite other sims to hangout at current lot, they never show up. I haven't used any mods or CC. Is there a way for me to fix this? 

Message 22 of 89 (1,925 Views)

Hero
@hanem96 Same as this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Apartments-not-loading/m-p/10004654 ?

Do you have Paranormal and had any gigs there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 89 (1,911 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

No, the only expansion packs I have are city, island and eco. I don't have any game or stuff packs (playing on a pc) 

Message 24 of 89 (1,888 Views)

Hero
@hanem96 Is it the same as the thread I linked above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 89 (1,869 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes it looks the same as one of the pictures attached in that thread. How do I fix this? I'm not a very techy person so could do with some easy to follow instruction if there is a solution Frown 

Message 26 of 89 (1,850 Views)

Hero
@hanem96 I'm merging your thread then.

I don't think there is a solution. In the thread on the paranormal gigs where a few people are having this issue, one suggested to put the walls all the way down and back up which worked for them

Could you try that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 89 (1,829 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PSP] Paranormal Investigator: Appartement is missing door

★★★★★ Guide

This just happened to me as well, and I was just visiting another apartment, not playing the paranormal career, I played it with another sim earlier but now when I am just visiting another apartment with another sim which is not in the career the door is missing and I can't knock on the door.

Message 28 of 89 (1,734 Views)

Paranormal Investigator gig - bug at Torendi Tower?

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy, Eco, Discovery, Island, Get Famous, Cats & Dogs, City, Get Together, Get to Work, Magic, Jungle, Dine Out, Spa, Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal, Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry Day, Fitness, Cook Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Follow the Freelance Paranormal Investigator to work
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim shows up to the lot Torendi Tower Penthouse but there is no way to get inside the apartment to do the work
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to knock on the door or be let in to the apartment to actually do the work. The Sim was placed outside the building with no way to get in/ no door to knock on
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The first time I tried to follow my Paranormal Investigator Sim to a gig, he was placed at Torendi Tower Penthouse with no way to get inside to actually do anything. I could see the action happening from the ground outside but was unable to enter!! I exited and tried a couple more gigs that placed me at different lots with success. There might be an issue with just the Torendi Tower lot.

Message 29 of 89 (1,673 Views)

Re: Paranormal Investigator gig - bug at Torendi Tower?

Hero
@SeptSeventh Was the door missing like in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PSP-Paranormal-Investigator-Appartement-is-missing-door/td-p/1... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 89 (1,648 Views)