Re: Apartments not loading

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [PSP] [DHD] [CL] Apartment:Missing Door (P. Investigator/Decorat/Visit)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? During the Paranormal Investigator freelance career, when sent to 2A Jasmine Suites, where the Bheeda family live, (may be any apartment)
What happens when the bug occurs? spectres,creepy dolls, slime puddles, and occult symbols all appear in the hallway between apartments, however the door to the apartment disappears and there is no "knock on door" option so the sim cannot enter the apartment and can only deal with the occult stuff in the hall, making expert level gigs nearly impossible to complete
What do you expect to see? The door to the apartment in hall, and when I click on it, a "knock on door" option with the paranormal investigator symbol on it
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing Paranormal Stuff

Image of missing door

Paranormal appartment bug.png

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 7 of 89 (9,699 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Sims making a living as a Paranormal Investigator and autonomously visiting San Myshuno often found that doors were missing from apartments unless you were in Walls Up view. Doors should now show up as expected. But are they really there? Someone should investigate! Spoooooky!

Fixed in Patch 1.95.207/1.69

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread. This was also happening in other circumstances then paranormal career so if you still have issues, please post what you did to get it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 89 of 89 (2,249 Views)

All Replies

Apartments not loading

★★ Novice

When visiting/loading the jasmine apartments it just appears with no door like it isn’t loading in the game. The sims that live there still come out and you can still hear noises. Nothing works, I’ve tried redownloading all the packs and game, I’ve even started the game on my partners PS4 (I’m on the Xbox one) and it’s the same problem, it seems to be an issue since the last update. I don’t use any mods either.

Message 1 of 89 (8,302 Views)

Hero
@Kasabob Looks like there's also no windows. Is this an existing or new save ?

Just tested both and I have them in an existing and new save.

What packs do you own ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 89 (8,292 Views)

★★ Novice

I have all the expansion, all the game packs (middle priced ones) and out of the stuff packs I have tiny living, paranormal, vintage glamour, spooky stuff, romantic garden stuff, perfect patio stuff, laundry day and nifty knitting. This has been a problem before I downloaded paranormal. This is also a problem in my other saves where the issue didn’t originally start. The only way I can access these lots is if I go to manage worlds and choose to build but that doesn’t stop the problem in game play.

Message 3 of 89 (8,287 Views)

Hero
@Kasabob Have you tried repairing the game yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 89 (8,265 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes I’ve tried everything, it’s strange because it’s only these apartments and not any of the others

Message 5 of 89 (8,259 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@Kasabob It's especially strange as it happens on console as well. I haven't seen any other reports alhough there was a similar one in the German Forum that could point towards the same issue.

Did you download rooms from the gallery ? Did you change the apartment at all ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 89 (8,252 Views)

Re: Paranormal Investigator career apartment bug

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue on my Sim's first mission! I'm glad that you mentioned that the missing door is the apartment that the mission is supposed to happen in, otherwise I would have completely given up. I switched the walls down and back up to full wall height and the door came back and I was able to get in by knocking.

Message 8 of 89 (9,663 Views)

★★ Novice

No it’s very rare I use the gallery, I only started using it last week since EA released it back on console, but at a max it’s just sims or full houses. The specific screenshot in this thread was the Default household lot and I never touched that or even played in that household on that specific save it was just as I send my sim to visit.

Message 9 of 89 (8,238 Views)

Re: Paranormal Investigator career apartment bug

★★★★★ Pro

I got sent to the apartment at 1312 21 Chic Street (Penny Pizzazz) and had no problem with the door, so it might be limited to the Jasmine Suites. Nice to know that lowering and raising the walls might be enough to fix it.

Message 10 of 89 (9,620 Views)