[OPEN] [PS5] Sims 4 freezing Patch 1.39

by Niobium77

Original Post

Re: (PS5) Sims 4 freezing while loading the game

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@PoptartJuniper

Just downloaded today's patch. I was hopeful that maybe there was some fix in there.

Booted the game, everything seemed to be going fine. Got to the main menu and browsed over from My Home to the Packs screen. Tabbed over and started looking at the packs that are on Sale, scrolled down and back up...

Froze again.

We're out of luck this patch. I guess we'll all hold out hope for the May patch.

Message 31 of 146 (1,493 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Niobium77 That's unfortunate. Thanks for the update.
Message 32 of 146 (1,481 Views)

(PS5) Game freezing. Cant even start playing.

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.40
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Game freezes and doesn't load
What do you expect to see? The game to work normally
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The game freezes 100% of the time at different screens when i try to play it. I can't even get past the character creation screen. This is such a bummer. I just bought the game and can't even begin to play it.

Message 33 of 146 (1,459 Views)

Re: (PS5) Game freezing. Cant even start playing.

Hero (Retired)

@FirmBun I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Message 34 of 146 (1,442 Views)

Re: (PS5) Game freezing. Cant even start playing.

★★★ Newbie

I hope this is actually being looked into. My game has been doing it since the bunk bed update and my game is virtually unplayable on PS5. I typically have to restart the game 3-5 times before it works. Seems like this issue has been persistent with a lot of other simmers 

Message 35 of 146 (1,397 Views)

★★ Guide

I don’t know if this is the same issue because I’m on PS4, not ps5 but my game has been freezing SO MUCH since the 1.39 update. Sometimes it’s after hours of gameplay, sometimes it’s within the first few minutes of loading into a household. It’s driving me nuts because it takes 15 minutes to load into the game as it is, I don’t wanna have to keep doing it 

Message 36 of 146 (1,330 Views)

Sims 4 Freezes on PS5

★★★★ Novice

Platform:PlayStation 5 Digital Edition
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Can’t get it because game freezes
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Launch Sims 4 on PS5
What happens when the bug occurs? Game freezes on main menu, load game screen, and neighborhood screen. I have not been able to get past these screens. The music can still be heard, it doesn’t crash, just freezes. You can see a pop up that froze when it was popping up so only 1/3 is visible on the neighborhood screen. The music will eventually stop and everything remains frozen. This is not a controller issue, the game is freezing and unplayable.
What do you expect to see? The game not freeze and actually be playable
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It started with the second to last patch, it was still playable then, as restarting the game fixed the freeze. However, with the newest patch it now freezes 100% of the time and cannot be played.

This is so incredibly frustrating because I have spent a ton of money on this game and I can’t even play it. It’s been over a month since the issue first started and I know quite a few other players have the same issue. This needs to be a priority. It’s ridiculous that can’t play a game I’ve spent over $300 on 

Message 37 of 146 (1,305 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Freezes on PS5

Hero (Retired)

@OhMeg92 I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Message 38 of 146 (1,287 Views)

Game unplayable due to constant freezing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Platform:PlayStation 5
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.40.5.4400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Move around the main menu, settings menu or gallery
What happens when the bug occurs? The game freezes, but the music keeps playing and the game must be restarted.
What do you expect to see? The game to not freeze
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It has happened for the last patch or two.

Message 39 of 146 (1,142 Views)

Re: Game unplayable due to constant freezing

Hero (Retired)

@waddon  I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Message 40 of 146 (1,127 Views)