[OPEN] [PS5] Sims 4 freezing Patch 1.39

by Niobium77

Original Post

Re: Constant crashing on PS5

★★★ Newbie

happens on all saves, regardless of new or old, just for a test I tried to import old ps4 saves too, game still froze.

wasn't in the gallery at all, infact gallery seems to be one of few interactions that don't trigger the freeze.

Only happens on Sims, and has only started happening since the most recent update.

Message 10 of 146 (2,395 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@DangerousShea There's been some very unusual issues popping up since the last patch for certain. Now this is a freeze that's happening, not a crash correct?

Can you try to rebuild the database to see if it helps, since you've already uninstalled the game and reinstalled it.

1. Press the power button until the PS5 system beeps twice to turn the system off. The power indicator will blink for a few moments before turning off.
  2. Press and hold the power button for at least seven seconds, only releasing it after you hear the second of two beeps.
  3. Connect your controller via a USB cable and press the [PS] button on the controller.
  4. Your system should now be in Safe Mode.

Once you are in Safe Mode, please select option 5: “Rebuild Database"

Message 11 of 146 (1,802 Views)

★★ Novice

I have been searching for anyone with the same issue and am so glad to know I’m not going insane. Same issue here: only happens on ps5 and only with Sims 4. Freezes (not crashes) at the same places you mentioned, as well, and I have to manually close the game from the home menu just the same way. Super annoying. Oddly enough, it doesn’t crash while playing. But still hard to even get that far sometimes. 

Message 12 of 146 (1,784 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@cccchristinaaaa Is your console up to date? It does sound like the control inputs stop working. Does plugging in a mouse get you past these freezes to see if it's just a game control issue?
Message 13 of 146 (1,767 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@cccchristinaaaa oh my god I am soooo relieved also!! But also upset! I hope it gets reported so that they release a patch! 

@DangerousShea Yup me too! Tried everything

Whhhhhyyyy has this not been fixed!! I can’t play my game on my new console!

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 14 of 146 (1,729 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue sometimes I can't get past the main load screen. When I do it will freeze at world screens and it is not a controller or mouse issue either... 

Because that would not leave traces of pop ups or cursor frozen across the screen. 

The funny thing is I just installed it on ps5 and first time it worked until I added two new packs to the game.

If it doesn't resolve soon I will just drop the game we live in 2021 and the game hasn't improved much, pricing is ridiculous for the restricted worlds they bring out. by now these problems should be less not more.

Message 15 of 146 (1,694 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Stephiesplodge Thanks. I've escalated this issue. If you notice anything or any consistency to the freezes please post in this thread. I have also had freezing on loading and my spell book stuck on the screen, and a pack stuck on the screen in the gallery.

Something has broken this last patch. I just have to rule out common things like mouse and controller issues.
Message 16 of 146 (1,686 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

It’s not mouse or controller issues, we were all playing on our PS5 systems perfectly fine until the patch came out, I load the game, load up my save abs as soon as I hover over any household the whole game freezes! 

I agree! It’s a pricey game to play and it should be running amazingly on ps5! They don’t even seem to have noticed there is an issue 

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 17 of 146 (1,667 Views)

Re: [PS5] Sims 4 Freezing Patch 1.39

★★★ Newbie

Thankfully not the only one encountering this problem. I've been playing Sims 4 on the PS5 on and off the past two weeks, had no problems playing the game and it ran smoothly. Then two days ago, I bought two packs and installed them and since then the freezing issue started. It's super annoying and disappointing it's happening on a next gen console. Glad the issue has been flagged now. 

Message 18 of 146 (1,630 Views)

Re: [PS5] Sims 4 Freezing Patch 1.39

★★★★ Novice

Any news on this?

Message 19 of 146 (1,574 Views)