Re: Constant crashing on PS5

by EricaMims2020

Original Post

Re: Game freezing after 1.42 PS5 - unplayable

★★★ Guide

I did some quick testing on the latest update. I don't seem to have the issue anymore, but sometimes it takes a few restarts of the game before it starts happening again for me. So we'll see how that goes...

Message 141 of 146 (991 Views)

Re: Game freezing after 1.42 PS5 - unplayable

★★★★★ Apprentice

Wow.... I really was joking that EA considered this a "minor bug" instead of listing it as a major fix, I guess they really didn't want to acknowledge that this was an issue.

But, does look like 1.44 actually fixed it....  I've been sitting at the neighborhood screen for about 15 minutes and it hasn't locked up.   that's 14 minutes and 48 seconds longer than I've been able to do it previously. 

Message 142 of 146 (4,639 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PS5] Sims 4 freezing Patch 1.39

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi, mines working now! I hope yours too!

Message 143 of 146 (938 Views)

Ps5 freezing on load screen

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.44 the newest update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except cottage living (I was trying to go on to buy it when this happened). Journey to batuu, realm of magic, and strangerville.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to click the sims button on the Home Screen.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims takes 10 minutes to get past the first screen. Then when you click x to go to the next screen the diamond gets stuck at around 25% and never loads I have waited up to 20 minutes. I have turned the console on and off and deleted and reloaded the game. When I reloaded it the first screen you see with a bunch of sims right next to each other was different than it was before (it is now an older one) and the screen is still freezing and won’t go past 25%.
What do you expect to see? The screen where I can click play, load, or download new expansions.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch from July 20th 2021 I believe it is 1.44

I have tried to turn the console off and Defoe load the game to no avail. It is frozen at 25% and will not go past this. Please help me it was caused by the new update that was sent out because it was fine before. 

Message 144 of 146 (945 Views)

Re: Ps5 freezing on load screen

Community Manager

Hi, @starlovea28 

Came across your post and hoping you have been able to play the game by now. Do you still need help with this?

Blueberry.png
Message 145 of 146 (901 Views)

Re: Constant crashing on PS5

★★ Guide
@PoptartJuniper This is happening on xbox one to after the November 2021 update. It freezes when I try to load a household.
Message 146 of 146 (646 Views)