Re: Game freezing after 1.42 PS5 - unplayable

by AquaBeaver

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I've had this issue too.  But it started on my PS4 originally.  I just continued when I got my PS5 in May.

And I've been following this thread for over a month now when I was doing research on why this was happening and found this thread.

It was just so weird to see a game crash and just stay there playing its music while it's frozen.  I was so dumbfounded by it since it would not report the error.  Which I believe complicates the issue where it's hard to report since there is no way to report the crash when it's happening.  Again, I first started seeing this on the PS4 console.

The very fact someone goofed up when making the 1.39 patch and either they don't care to fix it or somehow any of the people who do tech behind the scenes aren't getting the message.  I'm sure people do know at EA, but it would seem like a communication problem.  I've worked with corporations in the past and things like changing the address or phone number of a customer can be frustrating for example.  People report it, the new updated information is written down on a piece of paper, but it doesn't get done and the customer gets frustrated when they shop again seeing that being a problem.  I found it most helpful in my situation just to put the new information in right away, but then again you are dealing people who don't really care if it doesn't affect them personally.  It's unfortunately human nature.

I think trying to get Sony to get involved may work, but then again corporations look out for each other just like rich people do.  Who knows.  Just enough noise needs to be made or this bug will NEVER get fixed.  But if Sony does listen and takes the game down, EA will freak out and then action will be taken from there for sure.

Message 131 of 146 (484 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I also did contact psn support about this game, and they basicly said that don't see an increase in crash reports from the game. I did explain them the game freezes 100% at the time, but they kept talking about crash reports and error codes. I wish this game would crash, it would atleast give awareness. It feels like nobody cares, except us PS/PS5 Sims 4 players/fans.

After playing the Sims for 20+ years I am somehow ready to ditch this whole Sims thing forever. I am kinda mad I spend so much money on DLC on Playstation and stuff, and then EA breakes it with a patch, and then completly ignores us. I also truely believe that if this would be a PC issue, the game wouldn not be broken for 4+ months. Becasue then all newspapers would write about EA's mess.

Message 132 of 146 (457 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@AquaBeaver<<I also did contact psn support about this game, and they basicly said that don't see an increase in crash reports from the game. I did explain them the game freezes 100% at the time, but they kept talking about crash reports and error codes.>>

Did you explain that the freezes don't produce an error report?

Message 133 of 146 (436 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Patch 1.44 got released today.  Did it address the issue?

Message 134 of 146 (423 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@ShemL44 I definitely made it clear in my bug report here and in my call to Sony that part of the issue is that the game doesn't crash and give the option to report the issue, it just *freezes* the game and the rest of the system operates normally.
Message 135 of 146 (419 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Here are the notes for the 1.44 patch that was released today.  Nothing that indicates that they fixed the freezing issue.

• Restaurant Menus issue that made them appear blank or corrupted is now addressed.
  • Added the Focus and Metal station as an option for Earbuds.
  • Addressed a bug with keys [Q] and [E] when used with the Tripod, now those keys should move the camera up and down freely.
  • Added a new option to The Media Marathoner All-on-the-Wall, and the Media Marathoner.
  • Other minor bug fixes and changes.
Message 136 of 146 (410 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@ShemL44
Maybe we got lucky with this patch, it's obvious they consider this a "minor bug"
Message 137 of 146 (406 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Niobium77 The "minor" bug fix mention is what made me roll my eyes and realize they still don't know do they? 🙄
Message 138 of 146 (404 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I downloaded patch 1.44, and I can scroll through the neighbourhood again.
I am flabbergasted, after 4+ months I actually selected a Sim family, and I am playing with the household. OMG I even went scrolling though all the neighbourhoods/worlds I have and I can play. My Sims can even travel around as well.

It seems fixed!

Message 139 of 146 (381 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The bug fixes under the console section just mention slopes being fixed. Idk if strong language is allowed here and its very hard for me to not be swearing every few words with how terrible the condition of this game is.

EDIT: Simgurunick just mentioned on Twitter that some work was done to fix this? Havent checked myself yet but would be interested if anybody has any positive results???

Message 140 of 146 (371 Views)