by Niobium77

Original Post

Game freezing after 1.42 PS5 - unplayable

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.42
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All apart from Batuu, snowy escape, paranormal, toddler stuff, kitchen.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Game freezes when either loading or starting new game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Game completely freezes on load screen and isn't playable.
What do you expect to see? I expect the game to load.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Issue happened when updating with version 1.42.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.42
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All apart from Batuu, snowy escape, paranormal, toddler stuff, kitchen.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Game freezes when either loading or starting new game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Game completely freezes on load screen and isn't playable.
What do you expect to see? I expect the game to load.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Issue happened when updating with version 1.42.

I have managed to work around this by loading an auto save. But that is the only time the game doesn't crash, and obviously can't rely on autosave all the time.

Message 71 of 146 (1,305 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PS5] Sims 4 freezing Patch 1.39

★★★★★ Novice

I'm so confused cuz in the patch notes it says it fixed a freezing issue involving the Bust the Dust kit. I take it this wasn't the fix we all needed? I haven't bothered to try my game yet so..... 😕!

Message 72 of 146 (1,427 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Well, I'm guessing it's a *different* freezing issue.   Since mine freezes and I don't have the Bust the Dust kit.

Message 73 of 146 (1,418 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Niobium77 Ok. So great to know that there's multiple freezing issues lol! So nice of them to sell us a game a crap ton of packs only to make it unplayable for an unknown amount of time!
Message 74 of 146 (1,415 Views)

Re: Game freezing after 1.42 PS5 - unplayable

Message 75 of 146 (1,265 Views)

★★ Novice
Same for me, bought sims 4 for my ps5 and it’s keep freezing after few minutes. Sometimes it happens while creating a sim and sometime while being on the main menu..
Message 76 of 146 (1,313 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here..

Message 77 of 146 (1,223 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Niobium77 Its infuriating isn't it, one of the reasons I bought a ps5 was for the better sims experience. Clearly EA just don't bother testing before pushing updates.
Message 78 of 146 (1,204 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Teacupp-11 Seriously. I hunted down a PS5 early so I could have a better experience with two games. Ghost of Tsushima, and Sims 4.

I guess the plus side, in the time that Sims 4 has been broken, I've gotten the Platinum trophy in Tsushima.
Message 79 of 146 (1,199 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Niobium77 It's nice to know EA appreciate how much money players spend on the game to push out updates that break the game! Very true, time to actually play the new spiderman that came with the PS5 bundle!
Message 80 of 146 (1,197 Views)