Re: [OPEN] [PS5] Sims 4 freezing Patch 1.39

by Niobium77

Original Post

Re: Game unplayable due to constant freezing

★★★★★ Novice
@Niobium77 I mean it's possible they are waiting to release a fix with the new pack on June 1st but not sure. However, I do have to say they have really dropped the ball with the PS5 they had an opportunity to deliver us a game that works well with the newer system and they squandered it.
Message 61 of 146 (733 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Asnej Totally agree. The Sims could really use a the horsepower of the PS5 in some cool ways, but it's probably pretty hard as the core of the game is literally 7 years old. There are likely kids playing this game that weren't alive when it was releasd.

The fact that they have added so much of the years and it still works at all amazes me sometimes.

But, that's not an excuse to leave the game broken for so many people. I mean, think of how many people this affects that never take the time to dig through the EA support forums.
Message 62 of 146 (728 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Niobium77 Heck I'm a Sims 3 and 4 fan and avid player but it still took me 3 days before finally looking for what was wrong and why the game was freezing my system. So, I can just imagine how many have just given up and figured they'd wait till the next update or pack instead of joining this forums 'Me Too' movement.
Message 63 of 146 (718 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just in case it's helpful to anyone looking into it...  

But, this is my Summer of Sims experience.

https://youtu.be/Ms6D_Uewqfs

Message 64 of 146 (696 Views)

Re: Constant crashing on PS5

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue, freezing during initial loading on PS5. Just bought the game, haven't even been able to start a new game, it's the first loading screen with the green jewel.

No issues with any other games.

Message 65 of 146 (689 Views)

Re: Constant crashing on PS5

★★★★★ Apprentice

Make sure to hit the Me Too button on the first post.

Message 66 of 146 (682 Views)

★★★ Guide

Still broken as of todays update... *sigh*

Message 67 of 146 (614 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I reached out to EA customer support and got this reply “Our teams are keeping an eye on this one and aware of the situation, you can keep an eye on the thread for updates. I hope this gets resolved soon 🤞 so it is a matter of waiting on this one. Sorry to hear you are affected.” SO ANNOYINGGGGG. Especially with today being a patch day and it still not being fixed. 

Message 68 of 146 (597 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Would have been nice to here "We are actively working on the problem" instead of "we're aware of it and keeping an eye on it"

Feels like being told, were watching the thread, but can't be bothered currently.

Message 69 of 146 (593 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Right. I have never had a game unplayable for so long, especially on new hardware and especially a game that is so annoyingly expensive with such predatory monetization. 😡 They could at least pretend to care...

Message 70 of 146 (580 Views)