Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [PS4/XB1] Unable to Sell Inventory Stacks After Patch 1.05

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.05
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Vampires, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In Live Mode, open a Sim's inventory and try to sell a stack of items by pressing triangle and square at the same time.
What happens when the bug occurs? Instead of giving you the option to sell the whole stack, it usually acts as if you had only pressed square which picks up the item, allowing you to place it in the world. Or it will act as if you only pressed triangle, asking if you want to sell that one item.
What do you expect to see? A window appears that asks if you want to sell the whole stack of items.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch was Version 1.05. I don't see anything in the patch notes that would indicate this has been changed but clearly something is affecting this ability.

I've played Sims 4 on PS4 for months now and never had an issue pressing triangle+square to sell all items in a stack, besides the occasional flub where I don't press the square good enough and it only asks to sell one. But today I downloaded the patch and as I went to sell my hundreds of fruits and vegetables I have from gardening, I noticed it would only recognize I was hitting the square button and try to place my item. I've tried over and over, varying the way I press the buttons, delaying slightly before I press the other button, etc. Nothing works. I can still sell items one at a time but with literally hundreds of fruits and vegetables, it will take far too long to delete them one by one. I don't know what changed but I'm hoping this will be corrected and possibly assigned to different buttons because it is kind of a pain pushing down both square and triangle. Much more of a pain to sell one at a time though so I'll just be happy if it's back to normal.

Message 1 of 51 (7,283 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [PS4] Unable to Sell Inventory Stacks After Patch 1.05

EA app Team
Hi everyone,

We just released an update for the game which should allow you to sell stacks from the inventory without having to do tricks again.

Give it a try, and let us know how it goes! Standard smile
-Mai

View in thread

Message 44 of 51 (6,854 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
I have this bug also. The Sims 4 1.05 PS4 Russian, no expansions installed. Please fix ASAP!
Message 2 of 51 (7,155 Views)

★★ Guide
I have this issue too after the PS4 1.05 update. Spent about an hour selling fruits and veggies from one sims inventory.. R2 brings up the stack but still only able to sell one item at a time. Very frustrating, Can't imagine why the option would be removed. Hope it's fixed soon
Message 3 of 51 (7,135 Views)

★ Novice
Yes I have this problem as well. I have large stacks I need to sell and can only do it one item at a time.
Message 4 of 51 (7,063 Views)

★★ Novice
I also have this problem. Have all the additional packs except for the backyard pack. It’s takibg way long to sell items being grown for additional money. By the time I’m done it’s been more than an hour. Please fix it was perfect before !!
Message 5 of 51 (7,029 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just started up my game after this update and I too am having this issue, I was really hoping that they just reassigned the buttons but nothing seems to work.  I am about to wipe out my garden because of it, I have way to many harvestable I was using to make extra money to be selling them one at a time, it is time consuming and no fun to do it this way.  I am hoping they have a fix to this issue soon.

Message 6 of 51 (6,992 Views)

★ Apprentice
Same here updated the game to v1.05 and my crops are stacking up. Just when i accepted how rediculous the selling of stacks was before, the new patch trumps that by breaking the combination all together! I'm banking on this to get fixed and be rolling in the dough when I finally can cash in and get my aspiration cheeessee! Not trying to get carpal tunnel (sp?) selling one by one. Ain't nobody got time for that!
Message 7 of 51 (6,978 Views)

Re: Sims 4 PS4 Unable to sell inventory stacks

★★★ Novice

I'm on Xbox one and the solution of pressing X & Y has worked brilliantly until the latest patch.  Now I can't sell stacks of harvestables.  Every single household I have grows lots of stuff because it's a quick money maker.  I've never posted before but this is a game breaker for me.  I've spent so much money on this game and all the updates but I'm done until you bring back a way to sell my hundreds of harvestables at once.  I can't believe this isn't possible!  Please fix this, EA!

Message 8 of 51 (6,814 Views)

Re: Sims 4 PS4 Unable to sell inventory stacks

★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, I am having this problem on xbox one. I could sell stacks before and now it just does not work.

Message 9 of 51 (6,805 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

(This is not the solution, but marking as such for visibility)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for letting us know about this issue, we are aware of it and Maxis is working on a fix.

To sell Stacks right now while we investigate, the following steps might help, please, give them a try:

1. Press X (Square) on the stack.
  2. Then press B (Circle) to cancel Live Drag then press Y (Triangle).
  3. You should be asked if you want to sell the Stack.

Thanks,

-Mai

Message 10 of 51 (7,006 Views)