[NEEDS SAVES] [PS/XB] Severe FPS loss (Lagging) when entering/exiting Build Mode

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [PC/MAC] Massive Lag when entering and exiting BuyBuild Mode

★ Apprentice

The problem is also in xbox. It is not only a PC/ Mac problem. 

Message 21 of 96 (1,656 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PC/MAC] Massive Lag when entering and exiting BuyBuild Mode

Hero (Retired)
@Mandarinustus I've moved your post to the console thread for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.
Message 22 of 96 (1,611 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PS4] Severe FPS loss (Lagging) when entering/exiting Build Mode

★★★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper I have found that bringing up the cheat console and typing moveobjects off sometimes helps (even if you don't have it on). I'm not sure why, but it seems to do the trick for me.
Message 23 of 96 (1,562 Views)

lag with a horrible drop frame (console)

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.42
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs Vampire game pack, dine out, parenthood, jungle adventure, spa day, strangerville, realm of magic vintage glamour, perfect patio, cool kitchen, romantic garden, backyard, spooky, laundry day, movie hangout, bowling night, tiny living .
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By playing the sims 4 on console (ps5)
What happens when the bug occurs? the game lags with a horrible drop frame and sometimes crashes
What do you expect to see? The game runs smoothly on console (ps5) without lagging, crashing and minimize the drop frame as possible ❤️
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the new update 1.42

The problem occurs when i enter the building mode or by going to the gallery 

Message 24 of 96 (1,541 Views)

Re: lag with a horrible drop frame (console)

Hero (Retired)

@MERMAN-SIMMER-14 I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

A bug thread for the gallery crash is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-PS-Game-Crashes-when-Accessing-Gallery/m-p/9946540

Message 25 of 96 (1,498 Views)

Sims 4 horrible lag

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Everything freezes, lags, especially in build mode
What do you expect to see? Sims moving normaly or buying things in build mode without curser lagging
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Please help

Message 26 of 96 (1,473 Views)

Re: Sims 4 horrible lag

Hero (Retired)

@ivanna_g306 I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Message 27 of 96 (1,433 Views)

Re: Game Freezing in Iive mode

★★★ Newbie

I’ve had this problem sorta! Except for me it’s when I go out and in of buy mode and out of it afterwards. Then my game is a laggy mess until I get the menu up! Then it’s fine afterwards but even still I experience lag. :/ the freezing in live mode happens every so often and it’s annoying cause everyone just stops.

Message 28 of 96 (1,440 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Allythegamer14 I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Message 29 of 96 (1,395 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've found sometimes saving will discontinue the lag and avoid having to exit to the main menu or closing the game. This sometimes only works though even after going back to live mode.

Message 30 of 96 (1,317 Views)