SIMS 4 lag during build mode

by Aj_mitch717

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] [PS/XB] Severe FPS loss (Lagging) when entering/exiting Build Mode

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.27
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into Build mode from Live mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game FPS drops dramatically and never recovers, even when switching back to Live mode.
What do you expect to see? A smooth Transition from live to build mode and no permanent FPS drops.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.25/6/7

When entering build mode, often there is a serious FPS loss. The FPS never recovers, no matter how long you wait in build mode, and if you manage to get your cursor over to switch it back to live mode, the FPS loss is still there. You have to close the game and restart it to regain normal FPS.

This wasn't happening until the recent updates 1.25-1.27

Edit: Here's the link to the report from the console board. Game Constantly Lagging when I Enter Build Mode I had redirected users to make a bug report but they hadn't at the time of my making this report.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 96 (26,345 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [PS4] Severe FPS loss (Lagging) when entering/exiting Build Mo

EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello Everyone!

For anyone experiencing this issue, could you possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur?
You can DM the link to your save, thanks so much! The more saves we can get for an issue like this, the better!

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

View in thread

Message 90 of 96 (3,827 Views)

All Replies

Ps4 Building Mode Extreme Lag

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number 1.27
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Building mode
What happens when the bug occurs? Lagging
What do you expect to see? Other than reducing the long loading screen, looking forward to seeing no lagging during play in sims4.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No.

Edit By Crinrict: Removed Tag and All caps from title

Message 2 of 96 (26,254 Views)

Re: Ps4 Building Mode Extreme Lag

Community Manager
Hi @Redjane201,

Thanks for making that report. I've merged it in with the existing bug report on this to keep information on this bug together.

- EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 3 of 96 (26,192 Views)

Re: Ps4 Building Mode Extreme Lag

★ Guide

That any many other bugs I can't seem to get read of no matter how many times I restart reboot and rebuild data reinstalling the game it's like a never ending story

Message 4 of 96 (26,076 Views)

SIMS 4 lag during build mode

★★★ Novice

Hey, I was wondering has there been a patch for the lag during the build mode or lag in general it’s so annoying. Especially when you’ve purchased packs.

Message 5 of 96 (26,020 Views)

Re: SIMS 4 lag during build mode

Hero (Retired)
@Aj_mitch717 I've merged your post with the bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post in the thread.
Message 6 of 96 (25,966 Views)

★★★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper Okay thanks for that, your thread is very specific to what I was really trying to say and I really hope they fix this.
Message 7 of 96 (25,904 Views)

★★★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper But to keep from restarting the game when the FPS drops, just press the start button to display the menu and just press it again and that should make it go back to the normal FPS at least this is what works for me.
Message 8 of 96 (25,898 Views)

Game running slow on Build Mode -Sims 4 Ps4

★ Novice

The game is running extremely slow for me when I try to place items from my household inventory into my planter box to plant. The first time it’s quick, but every time after I have to wait like 2-3 minutes every time I select a plant, place it, then try to select another from a stack. It is very frustrating, and causing the gameplay to run slow for a few seconds after returning to live mode. 

Message 9 of 96 (25,557 Views)

Re: Game running slow on Build Mode -Sims 4 Ps4

Hero (Retired)
@PrincessAngel813 I've merged your post with the bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post in the thread.

You can try bringing up the pause menu while in build mode for a second to clear the lag.
Message 10 of 96 (25,545 Views)