Re: Selection Issues on PS4

by AcaciaCEJ

Original Post

Re: [PS4] Scrolling too fast randomly

★ Novice

Me too, all the sudden it just speeds up and I can't do anything, also sometimes my left analog stick can't turn in cas 

Message 31 of 69 (3,770 Views)

Re: [PS4] Scrolling too fast randomly

★ Apprentice

I also have this problem. Restarting the game fixes it but it could be temp. 

Yes it is the PS4 version. 

Message 32 of 69 (3,740 Views)

Cursor

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? GP07: 1
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4 and every pack except backyard stuff, eco lifestyle, luxury party, kids room, my first pet, and moschino.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game for a little while, and then you'll notice when you try to press on an object and click on an option, the cursor will suddenly move really fast preventing you from clicking on the option you need. This happens in build/buy mode and on the pause menu.
What happens when the bug occurs? The cursor will suddenly move really fast randomly and won't go back to normal speed.
What do you expect to see? The cursor going at the normal speed it usually goes at.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The bug happens randomly. Sometimes after leaving the game on the pause menu it will go back to normal. Other times I have to restart the game. I haven't changed anything in the options menu. I noticed others have reported on this in 2019 and 2018, but the issue still seems to persist.

Message 33 of 69 (3,720 Views)

Re: Scrolling too fast randomly

★★ Novice

Both.

Message 34 of 69 (3,714 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PS4] Scrolling too fast randomly

★ Novice

As of today's date this is still an issue and happens pretty frequently. At least once a play session this occurs and requires a full relaunch of game to correct the problem.

Message 35 of 69 (3,634 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PS4] Scrolling too fast randomly

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Still a problem. EA needs to be fixing this instead of making a stupid Star Wars pack..

This also happens more in cas than anything else for me. If you’re in cas I suggest using the d-pad. Even so, sometimes the d-pad is fast just like the cursor.

(CM: Multiple posts merged to limit bumps/spam. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 36 of 69 (3,530 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@PlayerHaterJacki wrote:

Hey,

I’m having the same issue. Did you find a fix in the end?

My arrow keys and thumb sticks both scroll Andrew skip through too fast and I can’t do anything at this point because of it 😭

Thanks in advance!

Just experienced this as well on PS4 the D-Pad used to work fine but after a while of playing it suddenly acted like a scroll wheel was completely skipping areas on the social wheel it even effected the pause menu as just a single press down on the D pad made it jump from save to exit to main menu same occurred with the analog stick. Made it impossible to select anything so got annoyed and quit and uninstalled the game. After my annoyance calmed down I reinstalled the game and all was normal not sure if it's work on PC but try restarting your game if that doesn't work try reinstalling it. 

Message 37 of 69 (3,409 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Zombiekiller5842 I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.
Message 38 of 69 (3,407 Views)

★★★ Guide

One thing I have found, when the selection speed goes crazy, is to just don't press anything at all for at least a minute. Seems to give it chance to go back to normal speed. 

Reminds me on when you had to be patient with clicking icons on XP or Vista otherwise you ended up with 50 browsers open lol! 

Message 39 of 69 (3,402 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@AcaciaCEJ wrote:

One thing I have found, when the selection speed goes crazy, is to just don't press anything at all for at least a minute. Seems to give it chance to go back to normal speed. 

Reminds me on when you had to be patient with clicking icons on XP or Vista otherwise you ended up with 50 browsers open lol! 

I'll have to try this if it works it will save more time as reloading every hour is just annoying

Message 40 of 69 (3,378 Views)