Original Post

Highlighted

[NEEDS SAVES] [PS4] Scrolling too fast randomly

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.14
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When looking at items in build mode or when scrolling though the pause menu, the scroll speed suddenly - out of nowhere - goes really fast, even though i have not changed the speed settings.
What happens when the bug occurs? When looking at items in build mode or when scrolling though the pause menu, the scroll speed suddenly - out of nowhere - goes really fast, even though i have not changed the speed settings.
What do you expect to see? Scrolling speed chosen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When looking at items in build mode or when scrolling though the pause menu, the scroll speed suddenly - out of nowhere - goes really fast, even though i have not changed the speed settings.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 69 (27,087 Views)

Re: Scrolling too fast randomly

Hero
Just in build mode or do you also have issues with the inventory scroll bars ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 69 (26,993 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I've had this happen too, and not just in build mode. It will scroll very fast in world selection and the scrolling when looking though bookshelves or chest will also scroll too fast. Bookshelves and chests are the worst and do it more often. The cursor will jump between the chest and the inventory instead of scrolling down the storage container inventory. 

Edit: The scrolling problem also occurs in the CAS.

Message 3 of 69 (26,974 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
I've had this happen to me too. I used to think it was due to me preemptively moving the cursor by holding a direction before a new window opens. Such as inventory or the phone. It's the only thing I can think of to be honest.
Message 4 of 69 (26,952 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @Bearpal64  @adamking494  @PoptartJuniper 

Could you share a video of the issue occurring?

Instructions on how to share videos are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 69 (26,886 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I'll try to catch a video next time it happens. 

Message 6 of 69 (26,864 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SimQARobo  I managed to get a quick capture of the scrolling in my inventory. It's only 8 seconds but you can see the selection just bouncing all over the inventory instead of scrolling one item at a time. It happens very randomly. I get this speed scroll happening in the CAS, Build Mode, Inventories, World Selection; etc. Basically this happens randomly anywhere you can scroll through the menu items. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Z4KvGLeNlyeHuKGDHj7J2PwHAyHrlM7X

Message 7 of 69 (26,855 Views)

EA Sims Team

@PoptartJuniper 

Thank you!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 69 (26,838 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Same. The next time I see it I'll try to capture it Standard smile
Message 9 of 69 (26,777 Views)

Re: [PS4] Scrolling too fast randomly

★★★ Newbie

Never had the issue on the computer. Bought the game on ps4 yesterday ($7) and everything was fine for about an hour, then same as everyone here the scroll speed went nuts. You can barely touch the stick down and it jumps 4-5 spots if not more. Was luckily able to save but is a bit of a problem if it doesnt randomly fix itself.

Message 10 of 69 (26,676 Views)