[FIXED] [PS4] [ECO] Evergreen Harbor flickering pyramids

by Player_j4nk4sw9

Original Post

Re: EL entire world bugging out?

★ Guide

The problem is it doesn’t seem to be connected to Eco Lifestyle itself, because I never owned this pack and flickering of rocks happens in my game in certain neighborhoods as well, even in base game Willow Creek. Some worlds are free of this like Oasis Spring or San Myshuno, but Brindleton Bay has all but one neighborhood affected (the one where vet clinic is seems to be fine). Someone made the list of neighborhoods affected before in this thread and I can confirm this is correct. The issue is not as bad as I can see from players showing Evergreen Harbor but it is annoying. I think one of the earlier patches caused it, but it’s hard to say which one. I think I myself started seeing this at the beginning of 2021. Sometimes the issue shows up after going into build mode in affected neighborhoods but it’s not always the case. As a result I have bunch of neighborhoods I don’t edit because I don’t want this issue to become worse. Very troublesome.

Message 111 of 130 (902 Views)

Re: EL entire world bugging out?

★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for this workaround - it’s worked for me 

Message 112 of 130 (865 Views)

Re: EL Graphics Flickering and Textures not Loading

★★★ Novice

I have been able to play in Evergreen Harbor only twice because it always does this flickering and even moving to a new world it will start to do that there as well. VERY annoying! 

Message 113 of 130 (814 Views)

★ Guide

Evergreen harbour is unplayable and I’m on ps5 😫

Message 114 of 130 (773 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@iamoz96 same i still have this problem and it´s so annoying and they didn't fix it

@liseylooloo isn't

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 115 of 130 (702 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm on PS5 and tried playing Evergreen Harbor last night. So much of the world was flashing. It actually hurts to play in that world. The flickering is worse now then its ever been. 

I'm so disappointed.

Message 116 of 130 (657 Views)

evergreen harbor bug (PS4) flickering pyramids

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? Español
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? i have discover university,city living,cats and dogs,seasonsdiscover university,snowy escape,eco lifestyle ,realm of magic,parenthood, Nifty Knitting,Tiny Living ,My First Pet, Laundry Day,Toddler , Bowling Night ,Kids Room ,Movie Hangout,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You can see the bug if you download ecolife style and go to lot the shipping views ,you can see the bug is very visible
What happens when the bug occurs? All of the debug rocks, pipes, tires, and other dark color objects constantly flicker. You can just tell what the object is, but it's like static on the entire screen.
What do you expect to see? The object appear normally.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSGSZM15hU4&t=1s

this has been happening for actually 2 years and haven´t be fix. i am just expecting this to be fix because is not comfortable to play witth this bug Thank you very much for the understanding .

Message 117 of 130 (621 Views)

Re: evergreen harbor bug (PS4) flickering pyramids

Hero (Retired)

@OsazeesimmerYT I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Message 118 of 130 (603 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

If you reset your licenses that should fix it. You might have to do it every now and again but it does make evergreen harbour playable at least 😩

Message 119 of 130 (596 Views)

★ Apprentice

We have been fortunate for a while now not having this issue.  *knocking wood*. We have done the license restore a while back, but the issue returned even after.  I think the thing, to be honest, that is solving it for us MAYBE is just a periodic full console shutdown or reboot.  Especially on the PS4 I nearly 100% keep it rest mode, so when it goes wonky, a restart seems to bring things back in line for that expansion.  Now, it is either this or I have struck it incredibly lucky in an order in which things have been installed, or something else I’m not aware of.  

Message 120 of 130 (586 Views)