Re: EVERGREEN harbor is glitching

by shayleuk

Original Post

Re: Port promise scenery flickering

Hero
@mindybell87 I merged your post with the general flickering items thread in evergreen harbor (there's multiple) but since sounds a bit more extreme, would you mind posting a video ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 130 (1,780 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper Still no fix for this? I literally can’t play Evergreen Harbor as it’s so bad (it’s the worse affected), can anyone suggest a fix or maybe point me in the direction of someone who can. This is going on over a month now and I have to say it’s ridiculous.
Message 22 of 130 (1,762 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@messtaken All I can do is report the issue. I have no control over when it is addressed by the QA team.
Message 23 of 130 (1,760 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper Fair enough thanks for the reply!
Message 24 of 130 (1,756 Views)

★ Guide

I have the same issue on PS4 unfortunately.

Message 25 of 130 (1,762 Views)

Evergreen Harbor Flickering Environment

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.33
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them *except* for the new Snowy Retreat, My first Pet, & Toddler
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I just purchased and installed Evergren Harbor after the update installed on 11/20 to correct the recent sound issues.
What happens when the bug occurs? Many environmental objects like boulders and silos are flickering erraticallyally. Also random black bands flickering across screen - gets worse in first person mode.
What do you expect to see? A stable environment. This only seems to be happening in Evergreen Harbor - previously installed worlds functioning fine. I am on a PS4
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed 11/20/20 update to deal with audio issues that causing crashes.

Unsure if still would help as video is needed to see flickering

Message 26 of 130 (1,755 Views)

Eco Lifestyle environment glitch

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.34 (latest)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything other than Snowy Escape, JTB and knitting.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure, I originally downloaded a lot off the gallery that crashed my game and upon reloading I discovered the world to be like this.
What happens when the bug occurs? The eco lifestyle map is covered in glitched objects that resemble flickering pyramids. This includes trash, the cylindrical objects, rocks and other stuff. I feel I should also mention I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling too.
What do you expect to see? A regular environment.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

‌Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 27 of 130 (1,746 Views)

★ Guide

Videos in attachment

Message 28 of 130 (1,825 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem flickers so bad it is unplayable!!

Message 29 of 130 (1,775 Views)

Re: Eco Lifestyle environment glitch

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

After having left my game for a day the game has seemingly fixed itself?? All flickering has stopped and everything looks normal, not sure if the same will apply for you guys but the entire environment has fixed itself so it might be a problem you just have to sit on and wait for the game to fix itself or just until the team finally figure out a patch/fix for this issue because this seems pretty common. 

Message 30 of 130 (1,770 Views)