Re: EL entire world bugging out?

by messtaken

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper Hi thanks I can see the questions will answer the best I can, they stay like it the whole time I also deal with a great deal of flickering on screen, as for the drive I play on the ps4 never had an issue like this before haven’t an issue in any other game I play.
Message 11 of 130 (2,622 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@messtaken Which world or worlds do you see this happening in?
Message 12 of 130 (2,615 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper The flickering effects every world but Eco Life is unplayable as it’s the worst effected with flickering and sporadic textures
Message 13 of 130 (2,603 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@messtaken Thanks for getting back with me. I'll try to test this issue and see if I can duplicate it on my system.

For the flickering, I know what you are talking about. I've seen it many times with the light and shadows. You can make a bug report in the bug forums about the flickering lights and shadows. The texture thing is a separate issue.

Edit: Would you (Or anyone else experiencing this) be able to get a video of you loading into the game and walking around where the texture issue is? 

Message 14 of 130 (2,599 Views)

EVERGREEN harbor is glitching

★★★ Novice

When I choose the shipping container house, that entire area is flickering incredibly bad. I followed tech supports advice and restored the database on the ps4. Did it twice in fact. It would fix the game for that play and when I load it back up its as if nothing had worked. Uninstalled the game and all the dlc, deleted save data in case it was corrupt some how. Also happening on another name on the ps4 so its not my account. I have no idea what to do at this point. 

I uploaded a video of it on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/MissDisasster/status/1324938647704055813?s=19

Message 15 of 130 (2,576 Views)

Re: EVERGREEN harbor is glitching

Hero (Retired)
@misslyra828 I've merged your post into the thread for this issue. Thank you so very much for the video!
Message 16 of 130 (2,557 Views)

★★★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper Moving the game to internal didnt help. I had it on external originally. I have every pack available. It just started happening last week. I see this one is from last month.
Turning the ps4 off and on did seem to fix it for now but I have a feeling if I turn the game off and back on itll just go back to that
Message 17 of 130 (2,513 Views)

Lighting issue in Evergreen Harbour since Nov patch???

★ Apprentice

Platfourm: PS4 Standard

Lot:The Old Mill

Light flashing enough that it hurts my eyes.

Anyone have this issue?

Message 18 of 130 (2,524 Views)

Re: Lighting issue in Evergreen Harbour since Nov patch???

Hero (Retired)
@MortyGothspinky I've merged your post into the thread for this issue. If you have a video to share that would be great!

The QA team is aware of this issue.
Message 19 of 130 (2,506 Views)

Port promise scenery flickering

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Ps4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.34
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I own and play with all the packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When playing in Evergreen Harbor, in the port promise section all the off lot scenery items are flickering like mad. I have gone into every lot in this area and it happens at them all (only in port promise)
What happens when the bug occurs? Most of the off lot items constantly flicker.
What do you expect to see? Solid non moving item.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No I play on console.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Appeared before the patch update of 1.34 and continuing on patch 1.34.

Message 20 of 130 (2,529 Views)