Re: [OPEN] [PS4] [ECO] Evergreen Harbor flickering pyramids

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [PS4] [ECO] Evergreen Harbor flickering pyramids

Hero (Retired)

I just wanted to add this happens also on PS5. It's horrifying, and the flickering makes it pretty impossible to play in the area without causing a headache.

The Sims™ 4_20210301155845.jpg

Message 71 of 130 (1,220 Views)

Spiky graphics on ps4 with sims4

★★ Novice

After downloading and installing eco lifestyles on my PS4 I get spiky graphics on background items in Evergreen Harbor I have deleted and reinstalled the game , power cycle the system as well as rebuilt database. It has made it impossible for me to enjoy the Dlc for it only happens on that world but with all and new saves.

Message 72 of 130 (1,153 Views)

Re: Spiky graphics on ps4 with sims4

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@LokiJ5  I've merged your report with the bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Message 73 of 130 (1,139 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue in Evergreen Harbor and would like to add it's also happening in Windenburg with rocks in the background.

Message 74 of 130 (1,118 Views)

★ Apprentice

I went through each neighborhood of each world for the packs I own and noticed texture glitches/flickering in:

Willow Creek - Pendula View, Sage Estates, Courtyard Lane, Crawdad Quarter and Magnolia Blossom Park (rock textures)

Newcrest - Bridgeview and Llama Lagoon (rock textures)

Magnolia Promenade (rock textures)

Windenburg - Windslar, The Crumbling Isle, Von Haunt Estate and Ancient Ruins (rock textures)

Brindleton Bay - Cavalier Cove, Deadgrass Isle and Whiskerman's Wharf (rock textures)

Del Sol Valley - Mirage Park and Starlight Boulevard (grass/plant texture around palm trees)

Britechester - University of Britechester (ivy on buildings)

Willow Creek Hospital/Police Station (rock textures)
Evergreen Harbor - Grim's Quarry, Conifer Station and Port Promise (Pallets/garbage in the first 2 neighborhoods and I'm not even sure what the textures are supposed to be in Port Promise, they're so bad)

I haven't gotten around to playing the Actor career, so I couldn't check the Plumbob Pictures lot.

I don't own Island Living, Snowy Escape, Realm of Magic or Journey to Batuu, so I can't comment on those worlds.

Message 75 of 130 (1,086 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@gregage_1 The issue does seem to bleed into the other worlds once you have the issue in Evergreen Harbor. My save without travel to Evergreen Harbor is not affected. Any save that's traveled to Evergreen Harbor then has the flickering effect in other worlds.
Message 76 of 130 (1,082 Views)

Eco

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.39
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowey Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Stangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal, Moschino, Laundry Day, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into evergreen harbour. Even when I start new world it happens, even if I uninstall and reinstall.
What happens when the bug occurs? Weird clipping of the enviroment. Like almost eveything constantly glitching. Anytime the game is loaded, not affecting any other world than evergreen.
What do you expect to see? Actual enviroment, like shrubs and trees and scaffolding.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Wierd clipping of the items in the world that has been there since the pack game out. Makes the world unplayable in the harbour.

Message 77 of 130 (1,078 Views)

★ Guide

I don’t own Eco pack and I’m still experiencing this issue. Just now I discovered the volcano area in Sulani flickering like crazy, the rocky part of it. Same happened with stones in Wakaba from Snowy Escape and I saw few unstable rocks in Brindelton Bay. It makes those areas unplayable. I’m on fat standard PS4. 

Message 78 of 130 (1,039 Views)

★★ Novice
@LokiJ5 Recent update kinda fixed it but not at 100% whenever a power outage happens it goes back to being glitchy but then after awhile of not playing it the glitchy background stops.
Message 79 of 130 (987 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@PoptartJuniper That is indeed what seems to be happening. As long as I don't visit Evergreen Harbor, I don't see any flickering textures in other worlds. 

Message 80 of 130 (921 Views)