[NEEDS SAVES] [PS4] All of my downloads have disappeared from my library

by VIKING5GRL

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PS4] All of my downloads have disappeared from my library

★★★ Newbie

This happened to me Saturday night on the PS4 (8/16/20). I even posted about it but not single soul has helped me.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/PS4-GALLERY-DELETED-EVERYTHING/td-p/9413607

Message 31 of 66 (1,415 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PS4] All of my downloads have disappeared from my library

★★★ Newbie

absolutely do not save the game when this happens!
If you’re on PlayStation what you’ll want to do is go to the game. Don’t click on it to load hit options. Upload/Download Saved Data

find the most recent “My Library” save and download it to the system. (Do not download anything else and make sure the My Library save is not when the crash happened or you will lose everything)

the save must be prior to the crash

I cannot tell you how to do this on Xbox but I imagine it is similar to PlayStation or every computer as you need to redownload the my library file.

Make sure you are saving often and uploading to storage (ps4) if you’re on Console

I have found that this happens when I download things to my gallery that I don’t realize is cc. My whole game crashes. Hope this helps!

Message 32 of 66 (1,206 Views)

Re: PS4 All of my downloads have disappeared from my library

★ Novice

I had this issue occur for me this morning.

For the past few days, occasionally when I tried to download things from the gallery I would receive an error message stating that My Library was full. Last night I got this message while trying to save a lot. Each time I deleted a few of the preinstalled Maxis library items, and sometimes the download/save lot would then work, sometimes not. 

Upon fire up the game this morning, I got an error message saying corrupt data and my data would be deleted.

Let me know if you need additional information.

Is there a way to restore the data?

Message 33 of 66 (1,133 Views)

Missing Data

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5 Digital Edition
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.40
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy escape, Eco lifestyle, Discovery University, Island living, Get famous, Seasons, Cat’s & Dogs, City living, Get together, Get to work, Realm of magic, Stangerville, Jungle adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine out, Spa day, Outdoor retreat, Paranormal stuff, Nifty knitting, Tiny living, Moschino, My first pet, Fitness stuff, Vintage glamour, Backyard stuff, Kids room, Romantic garden, Movie hangout, Cool kitchen, Perfect patio, Luxury party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Reload my households and lots on my account.
What happens when the bug occurs? I don’t see some of my households and lots I saved and created in my gallery.
What do you expect to see? When I go to the gallery there are a lot of missing households and all my lots disappeared.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It started after the update on April 27, 2021

When I go to my gallery I see some of the old households I made but not all of them. I don’t see any of the lots I saved from gallery. There is a lot of missing thing in my gallery.

Message 34 of 66 (1,143 Views)

Re: Missing Data

Hero (Retired)

@Mr2timescorer I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

If you have a backup of your library on USB or in the cloud, you can restore your missing content that way.

Message 35 of 66 (1,088 Views)

Gallery My Library empty of mine and others content, only Maxis showing

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage living, snowy escape, eco lifestyle, discover university, island living, get famous, seasons, cats & dogs, city living, get together, get to work, dream home decorator, strangerville, jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, paranormal, nifty knitting, tiny living, moschino, my first pet, laundry day, toddler, fitness, bowling night, vintage glamour, backyard, kids room, romantic garden, movie hangout, spooky, cool kitchen, perfect patio, luxury party, blooming rooms, industrial loft, country kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the game, click the gallery icon. Go to "My Library" and "View Content by: All / Mine / Others"
What happens when the bug occurs? All downloaded content from the Gallery, including my own creations, have disappeared. Content I have made over the years in my game has disappeared from my library. The missing lots and content that I had already placed in my save files still appear as usual, and function as they should. Content I have uploaded to the Gallery can be found in my "Profile" section, however all un-uploaded content has vanished. Re-starting the game did nothing.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see all content I have made or downloaded in my library
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I did encounter the error message shown in the attached photo whilst opening my game and it just so happened that the gallery was the first thing I checked. If there are other issues I will update here. The gallery worked fine yesterday, however I did get a notification saying "My Library" was full, so I deleted some old content and then carried on being able to download from the Gallery as usual. This was yesterday evening, and when I closed the game all was working as normal.

Message 36 of 66 (940 Views)

Re: PS4 GALLERY DELETED EVERYTHING

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

This just happened to me on ps5 wouldn't save to library saying it was full now loaded game today got a message saying game was corrupt my whole library is deleted except for ea lots and households

Message 37 of 66 (890 Views)

Re: Gallery My Library empty of mine and others content, only Maxis showing

Hero (Retired)
@shenan93 It sounds like your library file was corrupted and your console deleted it. A new, default library is created when this happens.

You said your library was very full, and there's been some issue with corruption with gallery saves to the library. Since you are on PS4, you can make backups of your library file on a USB drive, which I highly recommend.

There's no way to recover the old library file once the console deletes it because of corruption if you do not have a backup.
Message 38 of 66 (846 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PS4] All of my downloads have disappeared from my library

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share with me all of your save files? Including the "My Library" save. It'd also be good to know how full your Library is? Do you download lots of content? Please feel free to DM me the link to your files, thanks so much for the help!

Instructions for sharing files with me: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 39 of 66 (817 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PS4] All of my downloads have disappeared from my library

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@SimGuruNickhi unfortunately unable to send saves as i dont have access to a computer but yes my library did have a lot of stuff in it before the error both from the gallery and my own i also noticed when saving my lots prior to error it took a while to do so but after the error saving lots was super quick does seem like my library was full but dont understand why it would cause this error and delete everything

Message 40 of 66 (789 Views)