Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [PS/XB] Zooming causes the game to unpause

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter free cam mods (tab mods) on console and try to zoom in. The game will now start playing and ruin any screenshots you were trying to take.
What happens when the bug occurs? See above.
What do you expect to see? The game should stay paused.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest patch.

As a person who takes screenshots to post on Twitter, this is infuriating. 
change the controls BACK. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 17 (3,388 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Technical issues

Hero

Simmers using a controller will be able to use Free Cam and zoom the camera in and out without increasing and decreasing the game speed.
While you are in Free Cam, press in the left stick on your controller to confirm the controls layout

Fixed in Patch 1.100.147/1.80

please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 17 of 17 (1,017 Views)

All Replies

Xbox One Camera Mode Bug after Update of May 30/2023

★★★★ Apprentice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except growing together and high school years.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into camera mode and zoom in and zoom out you would see that the game speed is affected.
What happens when the bug occurs? when you zoom in or zoom out in camera mode it increases or decreases the game speed for some reason. It only pauses once you zoom out Mutiple times.
What do you expect to see? Zoom in or zoom out in camera mode it increases or decreases the game speed for some reason. It only pause when you zoom out Mutiple time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.76

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except growing together and high school years.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into camera mode and zoom in and zoom out you would see that the game speed is affected.
What happens when the bug occurs? when you zoom in or zoom out in camera mode it increases or decreases the game speed for some reason. It only pauses once you zoom out Mutiple times.
What do you expect to see? when you zoom in or zoom out in camera mode it increases or decreases the game speed for some reason. It only pauses once you zoom out Mutiple times.
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.76

Message 2 of 17 (3,213 Views)

Pause and Zoom are now the same buttons on console for freecam

★★★★ Apprentice

Platform:Xbox Series X
What is your current game version number? Just got updates for May 30, 2023
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except growing together.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? On console, enter free cam and try to leave game paused to get screen captures. When you zoom the game will unpausr since the trigger buttons now control both pause and zoom.
What happens when the bug occurs? Pause unpause and zooming out occurring at the same time.
What do you expect to see? How it worked before when pause and zoom were not linked and controlled by different buttons
Please describe the patch or change you made. May 30 2023 patch that changed console buttons again.

Btw PC players should get all their keyboard commands changed too so they can experience having to relearn them all and loose functionality because things are double mapped to the same buttons.l or just broken or no longer available.

The changes for console commands this past year are ridiculous and whoever implemented them did a terrible job since it has made the game so much worse than before any of these changes were put in.  And the interactions with the controller is harder, takes longer, and in most cases are just broken, or double mapped.  

Message 3 of 17 (3,228 Views)

Re: Zooming in on console now causes the game to unpause

Champion

I'd not used free cam mode on console before but... can confirm. R2 and L2 are now double-mapped to be both the zoom and the play speed when in free cam on PlayStation. Time and space may be the same thing in physics, but they should not be in a game!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 4 of 17 (3,293 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PS/XB] Zooming causes the game to unpause

[ Edited ]
Hero

Since this has so many me toos but hardly no posts could an XBox player confirm if this also happens on XBox or just on Playstation ?

NVM. Found another thread that essentially is the same problem that was for XBox. Merged threads.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 17 (3,203 Views)

Controller change sims 4 issue

★★★ Novice

Platform:Xbox Series S
What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have a lot
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Free camera is messed up when you zoom out it pauses the game and when zoomed in it fast fowards the game. Please revert back to original controller settings.
What happens when the bug occurs? Free camera is messed up when you zoom out it pauses the game and when zoomed in it fast fowards the game.
What do you expect to see? It doesn't pause the game or fast forward time.
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest update - controller mapping change.

Free camera is messed up when you zoom out it pauses the game and when zoomed in it fast fowards the game.

Please revert back to original settings.

Message 6 of 17 (3,066 Views)

sims 4 console free cam problems after 5/30 patch

★★★ Newbie

after the newest update which moved the increase game speed controls to R2/L2 on playstation 4, i can no longer zoom in and out in free cam! the game speed controls have been changed, but the free cam controls seem to have been forgotten, as those are now both the same button. i don't understand why there has yet to be a keybind option for the sims 4. the binds for increase game speed were fine in the first place and didn't need to be changed anyway.

Message 7 of 17 (3,029 Views)

Re: sims 4 console free cam problems after 5/30 patch

★★ Novice

i agree why change if its not broken just want to change things for the worse

Message 8 of 17 (3,015 Views)

Re: sims 4 console free cam problems after 5/30 patch

Champion
@ricksinny61 @xasadnerdx Make sure to hit me too on the bug report:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-PS-XB-Zooming-causes-the-game-to-unpause/m-p/12611443
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 9 of 17 (2,998 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PS/XB] Zooming causes the game to unpause

★★★ Novice

My kids can't even play on console my youngest is 6 nearly learned old controls y'all change it on her she bw 7 in June she struggle learning first time her favoire is toddler infant too hard for her but she loves sims don't take joy out for young new people becoming simmers

Message 10 of 17 (2,475 Views)