by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 PS4: Mass Delete Items in Household Inventory

★ Guide

I can't sell stacks from the household inventory either, and I'm on pc

Message 21 of 36 (786 Views)

Re: Unable to sell stack of items PS4

★★★★ Guide
@TXFishGirl Did anyone ever respond to your report? I'm having the same issue and it is causing terrible lag because of so much being in my household inventory. 😬 I need it all sold! 😭
Message 22 of 36 (732 Views)

Re: [PS4] Unable to Sell Inventory Stacks After Patch 1.05

★★★ Novice

This is not fixed and I’d like a resolution. The fact that this has been ongoing since 2018 is ridiculous. 

Message 23 of 36 (586 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Erza1667 I moved your post over to a more current thread.

To be sure, what platform are you playing on ?

Is it household inventory or individual inventory for you ?

If it's individual inventory, please create your own thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 36 (562 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrict I’m on ps4 and it’s household inventory. 

Message 25 of 36 (540 Views)

Hero
@Erza1667 Thanks for confirming.

Make sure to click on me too in the first post then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 36 (516 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@crinrict It's 2022 and I'm on PS4 and I can confirm this is still an issue. I can open the stacks and sell individual items but not whole stacks. When stuff gets added to the household inventory like garden stuff does it's beyond frustrating selling one at a time and its massively laggy also.
Message 27 of 36 (497 Views)

Household Inventory needs Option to Delete or Sell entire Stack or Inventory

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? SP17.assets.live-sp17.124
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Together, Spa Day, Parenthood, Dream Home Decorator, Luxury Party, Cool Kitchen, Kids Room, Vintage Glamour, Toddlers, My First Pet, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting, Paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit household inventory and try to get rid of or sell items.
What happens when the bug occurs? When selling items in household inventory, like for example dragon fruit when you click on it, long delay before you can sell, plus you can only sell one at a time and there is over 500 to 1000 in the house inventory.
What do you expect to see? It would be nice to click on an item in your household inventory and sell or delete all in a stack rather than one by one, when you have a thousand dragon fruit, or another seed/item etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The Sims 4 developers need to add the option to delete or sell an entire stack of items/seeds in the household inventory.  I've read that having lots of items in your personal or household inventory can cause slowed framerate or lag.  Not only that but that it increases your bills.  

Message 28 of 36 (583 Views)

Re: Household Inventory needs Option to Delete or Sell entire Stack or Inventory

★★★★ Guide

This seems more like something that would go in the General Discussion & Feedback section, though I do agree that we should be able to sell stacks of items in the household inventory. I find it especially annoying with that current glitch that places harvestables from plants into the inventory, because then you're stuck sitting there selling each thing one at a time. I mean if we can sell all items in a stack from the personal inventory, why not the household one as well?

On Xbox the X button doesn't seem to be used in the household inventory menu, on PlayStation it would be the square button, why not use those to sell all on console versions?

Message 29 of 36 (554 Views)

Re: Household Inventory needs Option to Delete or Sell entire Stack or Inventory

Champion

It's a real pet hate of mine and I've raised it before. It absolutely does cause a massive lag too you're spot on about that. It's just about the laggiest of laggy things. If you've even just moved house and forgot to hit the option to sell contents and it all goes to your household inventory... that's the worst! It takes forever to empty the inventory as the more there is the longer it takes. I've counted about a 5 second lag in between clicks. So if you even have a nest of chairs to delete before moving to the next stack of items, it's torturously slow. Click (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi....).

It also re-sorts it while in use. So if I'm selling harvestables it has the plants and the flowers. I want to sell the flowers and put the plants back, but it keeps going back to the first item after each deletion and that is beyond annoying to me. It speeds up as the inventory empties and I accidentally delete the wrong thing and have to undo the action.

I have grip and dexterity problems and repetitive clicking is so bad for that. So for accessibility if not for practicality it needs to be addressed. But it's mentioned on the Console Controller Feedback by all of us too so let's hope that it's implemented.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 30 of 36 (453 Views)