[OPEN] [PS/XB] Unable to Clear Message Box if you Pick an object up

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Re: Grab Mode and Job Opportunity Softlock

Hero
@DinTheToaster Merging your post with existing report on that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 44 (1,105 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Pretty ridiiculous that this has not been solved. It has happened to me several times recnetly and is really ruining the game. I am annoyed becuase I have bought several packs for the game recently and now don't want to play it anymore. I am on PS4 so this seems to be a console problem that is being ignored. This is the kind of thing I expect from 10 or 20 year old PC games I buy for 5 pounds not an expensive game that is still creating and selling content.

Message 22 of 44 (1,061 Views)

Re: [PS4/XB1] Unable to Clear Message Box if you Pick an object up

★★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper Not sure if this is still an active issue, but it just happened to me and I was able to fix it by connecting a keyboard to my PS4 and hitting the Enter and/or Escape key several times.
Message 23 of 44 (994 Views)

★★ Novice
@Chrissieboy74 It just happened to me and I was able to fix it by connecting a keyboard to my PS4 and hitting the Enter and/or Escape key several times.
Message 24 of 44 (992 Views)

★★★ Novice

This worked for me!!! Thank you so much!!!

Message 25 of 44 (973 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Hezberek Sadly I don't have a keyboard for my Xbox so I guess I'm gonna have to fully quit my game and take the photos I took again (if my game didn't save sometime after I took the photos since I saved before taking them). 😞
Message 26 of 44 (953 Views)

Live Drag + Career Branch = Unclickable

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.38
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Live drag an item from a sim’s inventory (they’ve just gone off to work) and start placing it around. Also happen to reach a branching in your other sim’s career. The screen comes up to pick the branch to follow.
What happens when the bug occurs? You cannot do anything, the cursor is stuck in live drag mode and you cannot exit the branching choice or stop live dragging. You then have to force close the game because the menu doesn’t come up. You lose 4 hours of upgrades, design changes, sim career advances and money. >Frown
What do you expect to see? The cursor working so I can click my branching and continue playing the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Would be nice if it saved 2-3 auto-saves.

I opened the sims afterwards and thought “hmm should it click load? Nah I’m sure the game is like most modern ones that just assumes auto save as ‘continue’”.

Instead I was faced with my save file from hours before. I tried to go back to load just to find autosave entry overwritten by this continue...now I have two copies of my loss. :]

Message 27 of 44 (878 Views)

Re: Live Drag + Career Branch = Unclickable

Hero (Retired)
@gaaaaaaaaaaaahh I've merged your post with the bug report for this issue.Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

If you have a keyboard you can connect you can try pressing escape, otherwise you have to close the game out to clear the box.
Message 28 of 44 (866 Views)

Can't Click Anything

★ Novice

I am in sims 4 on ps4. I was moving my violin in live mode and at that very second my child started asking her mom for advice. The pop-up options for advice came up while \i was in the middle of moving my object. Now I cannot choose an option. When I move the cursor around, in the background I can see the violin moving and snapping to the grid. I just can't select a spot or choose an advice response. I can't open the menu to save and I can't do anything! Very Frustrating! If anyone has any ideas please let me know!

Message 29 of 44 (790 Views)

Re: Can't Click Anything

Hero (Retired)

@Noodlechomper_82 I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

If you have a mouse you can plug in, you can click on the box to clear it, or you can plug a keyboard in and press escape. 

If you do not have either, there is no way to escape out of the message box except to quit and relaunch the game.

Message 30 of 44 (783 Views)