Re: Ps4 Glitch when picking up plate as sim sits down to write?

by dinosaurmilk

Original Post

★★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper Yes exactly that! Sooo annoying. I've had it happen twice today alone. I'm so sad to see it's still not fixed!!! Sorry, I'm really new to forums so i didn't really know how to look thru issues like that
Message 11 of 44 (1,874 Views)

Hero
@dinosaurmilk Merged your post.

Make sure to click me too

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 44 (1,809 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Thanks much Standard smile
Message 13 of 44 (1,802 Views)

Sims 4 PlayStation won’t select option because of something being picked up

★★ Novice

Basically I was picking up a salads to put in the fridge and then I got a notification saying my toddler can’t be left at home so as you do I go to select an option but it won’t let me due to the salad being in my hand I can’t press anything and I don’t want to loose all my game as I’ve nearly finished uni ahhh pls someone help quick time thank you

Message 14 of 44 (1,776 Views)

Re: Sims 4 PlayStation won’t select option because of something being picked up

[ Edited ]

@sophiachelsea28  I've moved your post to the console section.

Edit:  Never mind, it's a known bug.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 15 of 44 (1,765 Views)

Re: Sims 4 PlayStation won’t select option because of something being picked up

★★ Novice

Thank you if any one finds any way to press of the notification pls be sure to let me know 

Message 16 of 44 (1,729 Views)

Space Exploration/ Selected item bug

★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? Unsure. But current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Tiny Living but do not use it
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send a Sim to launch into space, with another Sim (Or even the same Sim) select an item from your inventory or one that is movable around the house, upon getting a space prompt, and you will be unable to select an answer since you have an item in your cursor.
What happens when the bug occurs? Unable to select answer for prompt, dismiss prompt, or pause and save & exit. Results in need to close application and lose unsaved data
What do you expect to see? Able to select answer for prompt and continue playing or able to pause and Save & Exit.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Sent a Sim to launch into space, with another Sim selected an item from my inventory or one that is movable around the house, upon getting a space prompt, and I was be unable to select an answer since you have an item in my cursor.

Happened twice on the last 12 hours, both resulting in nearly 2 hours of lost game time since the game becomes unresponsive with no way to open menus/override the prompt, refresh ect. 

PLEASE ADVISE

Message 17 of 44 (1,677 Views)

Re: Space Exploration/ Selected item bug

Hero
@Jrson7 Merged your post with existing bug report. It's a general issue that seems to happen with popups. There's no solution at this point as far as I'm aware.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 44 (1,660 Views)

Re: [PS4/XB1] Unable to Clear Message Box if you Pick an object up

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem, and the only way I could fix it, was to fully exit the game. Luckily, I had auto save on, and only lost about a day.

Message 19 of 44 (1,540 Views)

Grab Mode and Job Opportunity Softlock

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.27.3.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None - it's only the base game from EA Access.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) A sim should be at work in order for the job opportunities to even show up (the pop ups that give a work related dilemma that can positively or negatively impact the Sim's work performances). 2) While at work, use the grab mode (grab the dishes, a painting, or any other object). 3) If you manage to grab an object while the job opportunity pops up (it should be a matter of frames), you've successfully softlocked the game. The cursor which is used to answer the dilemma can only highlight the given options, but you can't select anything.
What happens when the bug occurs? A softlock. You can't select any option from the work related dilemma. I guess, the game still believes the cursor is used for grab mode instead of its default function of simply selecting things: you can still drag the object around, but you can't do anything else. You can't enter build/buy mode because the rest of the screen is inaccessible. The pause menu doesn't work. I couldn't open the cheat menu. A good old fashioned softlock.
What do you expect to see? Maybe the following: 1) If a pop up occurs, let that have priority over anything else. Disregard the last command of grabbing an item and let the cursor return to its default state so you can select an option from the pop up screen. 2) Instead of the cursor, maybe we can navigate the pop up screens differently: e.g. highlighted text and using the d-pad the make a selection, or have an option mapped to one of the face buttons (like in the classic PS2-era console Sims games).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Not available due to the rare occurrence of the glitch / bug.

Message 20 of 44 (1,553 Views)