Re: [OPEN] [PS/XB] Sim randomly wearing Makeup

by xjodielaura

Original Post

makeup

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5 Digital Edition
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, stuff packs, and kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS and try changing lipstick saturation, brightness, etc. Also try changing blush colors
What happens when the bug occurs? I try changing a lipstick color's opacity, saturation, etc and it changes the lipstick color entirely. Also I try changing blush color and it completely changes the lipstick color
What do you expect to see? Lipstick base color should stay relatively the same while I modify the color's saturation, opacity etc. Lipstick should also stay the same while I change the blush colors
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhuQb8wiEaJNgygBjXVKUOYpocsz?e=1QqqD3

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhuQb8wiEaJNgyfEtgBjmtoolRqb?e=5Bw4no

Message 121 of 174 (1,025 Views)

Makeup changes by itself

★★★★★ Newbie

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? When I select a makeup it changes to a dark black eyeshadow instead no matter how many times I change it
What do you expect to see? The makeup stays to what I change it to
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Makeup keeps changing to dark black around eyes no matter what 

Message 122 of 174 (1,019 Views)

Re: Makeup keeps changing

Champion

It's taking a few attempts to create toddlers. I usually just have to keep deleting and recreating them. But my Sims usually adopt and I can't delete them just because they are plastered in eyeshadow that won't come off. So I've had to leave an adorable toddler with smokey eyes as cringe as that is. I have a workaround but it doesn't always work.

It's like the pets you adopt. They often have outfits for walkies but no outfit category for them. So they have to keep a frilly dress you can't remove.

CAS needs a massive overhaul and as a Spa Day pack owner I should be chuffed fingernails and manicures are arriving but instead I'm waiting for the inevitable CAS bugs to flutter in with them.

Yet again, more content instead of stability fixes. I don't mean to sound ungrateful but I've spent hundreds on this game and expect a more customer driven experience for an expensive product instead of ooh simmers look at this new shiny thing!

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 123 of 174 (937 Views)

Re: Makeup keeps changing

★★ Guide

happening on XB1 too, mostly with eyeshadow.

I set an eyeshadow and as soon as I change anything else the eyeshadow changes to a different one (I think it was one of the Mac ones).

Message 124 of 174 (901 Views)

Sims wearing random makeup

Champion

Platform:Xbox Series S
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.35.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Courtyard, island living, luxury party, laundry, snowy escape, vintage glamour, knitting, jungle, magic, bowling, cats and dogs, my first pet, outdoor retreat, country kitchen, throwback fit, toddler, decorator, fitness, romantic garden, dine out, movie, university, gnome on the go, patio, spa day, kids room, industrial loft, parenthood, backyard, Strangerville, Moschino, animal hats, tiny living, city living, get famous, life of the party, get to work, up all night, cottage living, get together, seasons, cool kitchen, grims guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try and create a sim, male, female, all age groups. Suddenly the makeup will change and keep doing so no matter what you do.
What happens when the bug occurs? As many many of us have been saying for weeks and weeks now, make-up is bugged. It changes randomly to crazy colours and cannot be removed. As soon as you change anything about a sim they will suddenly be wearing navy blue lipstick or neon green, or a toddler will have eyeshadow you can't remove. It's even affecting pets, I already posted a picture of a fluorescent white German shepherd which had to be deleted.
What do you expect to see? After all the complaints, discussions and bug reports we've posted over several weeks we expect it to be fixed or at least acknowledged. There have been a few patches in this time and nothing on this issue. I predicted on here a few days ago that the addition of nails, although welcome, would only add to the issue and I was right. Now the lipstick on my sims is changing numerous times in front of my eyes which is worse than before. I've had to quit trying to create a sim today. As it is I've stopped using the customisation and Mac makeup as that was making it worse but today it was happening regardless of what I tried. It's worse since this Spa patch.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was one of the summer ones I believe. The recent patch with nails added has made it even worse.

Can we at least have this seriously acknowledged and patched before more new content is rushed out. As much as we love new content, right now I'm finding it just floods the game with more bugs.

Some things on the laundry list seem almost trivial by comparison to this issue.

Message 125 of 174 (888 Views)

Re: Sims wearing random makeup

Champion

I don't know if this is happening to anyone else but while it's doing it's random makeup thing... it's also zooming in way too far and getting stuck. I don't know if it's part of the same thing or if it's a totally new bug. It goes into super close up and the options vanish. I have to click the screen randomly for a few minutes to get the camera out from up my Sims nose.

Aargh, flinging flanging heck this is really annoying!

Message 126 of 174 (853 Views)

★ Novice

Having a similar issue where my Sims randomly get a random colour lipstick applied, and that white stripe of sunscreen on the nose also. I remove it, and it immediately returns after a few seconds. Every one of my Sims outfits has it now and I can’t get it off. I’m about to lose my mind. It’s been absolutely horrible playing Sims on Xbox recently Frown 

Message 127 of 174 (778 Views)

EA Staff

Hello Everyone,

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Just want to let you all know that the team is still investigating this issue.  However, it will take some time.

Thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 128 of 174 (707 Views)

★ Guide
I don’t understand why my & another person’s thread contribution was moved to feedback, when their post pertained directly to this bug & mine posed questions that likely elicited this response from SimGuruRitzy (For reference, this was my post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Bugs-and-The-Sims-101-Everything-you-need-to-k...). I’ve sunken no insignificant amount of money into this product & have every right to ask valid, appropriately-posed questions.

And so with that I want to extend a warm “Hello!” & my genuine thanks to @SimGuruRitzy. I sincerely appreciate that you took the time to chime in & lend your voice to this discussion, which ought to come as a reassurance to many here who were doubtful that their longstanding experience with this particular issue was being acknowledged. I’m also certainly cognizant of the fact that there’s a lot of internal mumbo jumbo that you guys elect not to disclose (i.e. “spare us from,” haha), so while the waiting for a fix can still suck I hope that everyone can be understanding of & satisfied with this answer from SimGuruRitzy. That’ll be all from me; thank you so much again for responding!
Message 129 of 174 (695 Views)

★★ Guide
@SimGuruRitzy Thank you for acknowledging this at least. It does help to feel like console players aren’t just being ignored so I appreciate you dropping in and letting us know the issue is being looked at.
Message 130 of 174 (668 Views)