The makeup

by Harwood98

Original Post

Re: Makeup keeps changing

Champion
@DoctorPhilLovesU Annoying isn't it, until it's finally (hopefully) addressed in a patch some simmers have started avoiding using the sliders and MAC makeup. My vintage glamour and get to work makeup is working fine so far but the problem seems to vary for each of us. If you stick to base game makeup just for the time being it might help. I also found clicking RB then LB on my controller after each outfit item change when it affects child Sims helps by somehow erasing the makeup when I change outfit category and then go back. When it affected the pets too, I could do nothing but delete them.
I really hope we see a mention of it on a laundry list for upcoming fixes soon as it affects so much of the CAS experience. Hope this helps.
I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 111 of 174 (630 Views)

The makeup

★★★ Newbie

The makeup on my sims keep glitching when I use the slider it also deletes my makeup when I use the slider and puts a different colour on whenever I change the outfits, eyes and hair

Message 112 of 174 (639 Views)

Re: The makeup

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Harwood98Welcome to Sims 4 on consoles. Don't expect a fix anytime soon btw! They'd rather do #SimPlayTogether Live sessions and ignore all the "my game is bugged, please help!" "Omg lag is so bad" comments. Like it might take probably weeks or months before we even get word if we're actually gonna get a hotfix patch or not. And even then. They just don't seem to care for us console players. The game is Buggy As All hell.

Message 113 of 174 (619 Views)

★★★ Pro

@COSMICSMURFER  Couldn't agree more I used to be a console PS4 simmer and I had to stop playing because of all the bugs it's been a year and a half since I switched to pc and hardly any console specific bugs have been fixed.

Message 114 of 174 (608 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Rachelharris31Oh my word, that's crazy! I only really transitioned to console Sims 4 like early this year. I bought the Xbox one Sims 4 base game in 2018. But I hardly played it because the game loaded so slowly and there wasn't a lot to do back then. So i used to be on PC a lot more. Then my PC stopped working altogether. So I came back to Xbox after I got the latest Series X (I was very fortunate to get it) and I noticed how absolutely bad the lag / Frame rate drop was. But.To know this, and it's been well over a year for you and none of the very game-breaking bugs have been fixed for us console gamers?? That's atrocious tbh. What can we do to get their bloody attention and actually garner the same love for the Console version, as PC gamers get?! 😕

Message 115 of 174 (592 Views)

Make up glitch

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Not sure
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them but tiny living, cottage living and eco
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In CAS when applying make up
What happens when the bug occurs? The make up won't change.
What do you expect to see? The make up the change
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. When cottage living cave out a big patch was available

I was creating a new Sim when I kept getting the bug.  I would take it off and it switch back.  Honestly since the last patch came out it's been full of bugs.  

Message 116 of 174 (614 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PS/XB] Sim randomly wearing Makeup

★ Novice
@Carys1302 Could they fix it? I have that problem.
Message 117 of 174 (577 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PS/XB] Sim randomly wearing Makeup

★★ Novice

A fix yet?  No.  A fix soon? Doubtful.  I've been having this issue for a while now.  Workaround?  Have to create completely new sim, go through each outfit type and hope you don't have some neon whatever (or whatever you don't like.)  If you do, delete, start over.  After doing this 10 or so times, sometimes more, makeup will stick. Eventually.  I have tried saving some parts and rolling the rest again, but this does not work.  Eyeshadow will ALWAYS change.  Kids always have makeup too now, annoying.  One of my people got turned into vampire, that was pure nonsense.  I gave up because they looked like a clown in all 5 outfits each category, couldn't change.  Deleted save.

Message 118 of 174 (565 Views)

[OPEN] [PS/XB] Sim randomly wearing Makeup

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45.2.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy escape, island living, get famous, cats & dogs, city living, get to work, realm of magic, parenthood, vampires, paranormal, tiny living, laundry day, toddler
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Go to makeup 2. Change lipstick* 3. Change lipstick again 4. Try to change anything else on the sim (literally anything) *also works for eyeshadow
What happens when the bug occurs? The lipstick will change to the Same or different versions of the original lipstick.
What do you expect to see? It fixed Standard smile
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch that made the makeup more customizable.

Fix it. please

Message 119 of 174 (575 Views)

Makeup in CAS randomly applying itself

★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dine out, City Living, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Laundry Day, Get Together , Perfect Patio Stuff, Spa Day, Bowling Night, Cool Kitchen, Fitness, Romantic Garden, Grt Famous, Seasons, Moschino, Cats and Dogs, Parenthood, Toddler Stuff, Tiny Living, Discover University
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? CAS (Create a Sim) or editing your sim. Makeup
What happens when the bug occurs? I’ll be adding onto or just changing my sims appearance and it randomly keeps equipping an eyeshadow I never clicked on. (Doesn’t happen when i’m adding makeup only clothes ext.)
What do you expect to see? The eye shadow I chose be applied. It’s only annoying because it looks like clown makeup eye shadow and I just want it plain. Instead I have to go through every outfit and undo that eyeshadow.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I’ve tried reinstalling the game and only modifying my sim through the household not the mirror yet it continues to add this MAC eyeshadow whenever I put on bracelets and things . Any help on how to fix would be greatly appreciated!

Message 120 of 174 (547 Views)