Re: Makeup keeps changing

by Simmergirl18

Original Post

Makeup CAS

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.44
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In CAS everytime I change outfit or anything the makeup glitches
What happens when the bug occurs? The makeup changes and glitches really bright or ugly makeup appears on every character I create
What do you expect to see? It fixed because I can’t even enjoy the game it’s been like this for months and no one will help
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please can the sims creators fix this s issue i love the game but not been able to play really upsets me  so please fix the makeup bug 

Message 101 of 174 (1,222 Views)

Re: Makeup CAS

★★★ Pro

@Kitty_Clawz77 Its a known bug here is the master thread for it.

[OPEN] [PS/XB] Sim randomly wearing Makeup - Page 10 - Answer HQ

Message 102 of 174 (1,206 Views)

★★ Novice

You say it’s a master thread yet they posted that back in March and it’s still not been fixed 😔

Message 103 of 174 (1,184 Views)

Champion

Disappointed this wasn't addressed during the big base game update this week. Agreed that it means staying away from MAC and not using make up sliders or risk setting it off again. I keep checking the laundry lists but as yet not seen a mention. As I posted recently, it's even affecting pets once it starts...as I discovered when I got a dog that turned fluorescent white and stayed that way until he had to be deleted. Poor shiny shiny Cosmo.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 104 of 174 (1,161 Views)

★ Apprentice

@82356gj6gz wrote:

Platform:Xbox Series X
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? GP05:1.assets.live-gp05.207
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover university, island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, strangerville, jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, dineout, spa day, outdoor retreat, moshino, laundry day, toddler, bowling night, backyard, kids room, movie hangout, cool kitchen, perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Edit an existing sim, apply makeup, then try to continue editing other categories, or scroll through makeup menu.
What happens when the bug occurs? Makeup changes to completely different colour and style (say for example bright green lips from a nude colour and bright yellow eyeliner from black) when backing out of the makeup menu, changing things like hair and accessories or even just scrolling through the makeup menu.
What do you expect to see? I expect the makeup to stay the same as applied.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The March 2021 patch.

As of today, the same has been happening with me on all aspects of makeup. Blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner, and lipstick are changing colors and styles. 

Message 105 of 174 (1,132 Views)

how do i get the makeup to stop changing when i click on clothes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? version 1.45.2.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All currently available packs as of (July 27th, 2021)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS and pick an eye makeup, Then go into the clothing options and pick one
What happens when the bug occurs? The makeup previously selected will change into something random **Note, Sometimes i think its caused by trying on to many makeups, Because it will change into a previously selected makeup in an odd color, or when i use the makeup sliders
What do you expect to see? The makeup i last had on, unchanged.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 106 of 174 (1,165 Views)

SIMS Pets and Eyeshadow Glitch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

In CAS on PS4 everytime you switch an outfit eyeshadow from the MAC pack appears as well as in game. This also happens on child sims which can't be taken off as there is no option too. This is after the patch update on 27/7/2021. Also, pets lose their fur and appear glitched (see attached) which also happens in CAS and there is no fix for it in game. The game is overall buggy with build mode being extremely slow as well as the walls not disappearing when you use the correct button. I have the full updated version and this only has happened after the patch update - the patch seems to of made it worse. You made need another patch...

I have spent a lot of money on this game and it's extremely off putting playing at the moment when I've just spent money on a new pack (that didn't even download correctly...). All I want to do is play the game smoothly but its impossible with the standard EA has set for itself 

Message 107 of 174 (1,073 Views)

Makeup changes

★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS from the world map. I have not tried it from the mirror. No cheats on. Put makeup on your sim. Eyeshadow then do something else, clothes, hat, eyeliner, lipstick.
What happens when the bug occurs? The eyeshadow will change to the default gray color of the base game eyeshadow that is a line on the top and bottom lid.
What do you expect to see? My eyeshadow to stay how I put it
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.

The last time I was in CAS was for the music festival. It didn’t happen then. That was two patches ago.

Message 108 of 174 (1,144 Views)

Re: SIMS Pets and Eyeshadow Glitch

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Yeah this has been very problematic for me too!! I created an account here just to confirm I'm not alone. The purple / green Mac pallette Eyeshadow Makeup on some dudes made me LAUGH OUT LOUD at first.... But then it happened to my Sim's baby and kids!! I had No Option to remove it, even after using the Testingcheats and "Resetsim" cheat. It still remains. Oh and the game Plays soooo S. L. O. W. L. Y. Time freezes, the Build and Buy mode refuses to respond at times and the real kicker is... Cannot Save My Game if I interact with the Rabbits or chicken coop!! (after hours of investigation I found the main culprit was the Chicken coop and Rabbit hutch!) WTF?! This needs a Fix. PRONTO! 🙄😑😒

Edit to add:  I still have my doubts it's the Chicken Coop, I deleted all the Animal Sheds and Bird Tree and Rabbit hutch tree stump. And the problem still remains. My game Won't Speed up when I press RB to speed up time. The game freezes / glitches and "locks up" to the point I have to Force Reset on my Xbox. The Save game issue is the absolute worst! I lose all progress I've made because it won't save. Sometimes it does, but it took nearly 15 Minutes to save the last one.(I used a Stop watch to test how long it would take)... Honestly. I GIVE UP I wasted £35 for what? An unplayable mess. 😒😑😢

Message 109 of 174 (1,012 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I just bought the vintage glamor and the cats and dogs pack. The glitch JUST started happening. I looked everywhere for help and found nothing. I even Uninstalled the game the reinstalled. The same problem kept happening. Someone please help. 

Message 110 of 174 (1,087 Views)