Re: Eyeshadow glitch

by CARR1EF1SHER

Original Post

Mac makeup randomly going on sims glitch

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Idk whatever the recent one is
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the expansions, realm of magic, jungle adventure, parenthood, dine out, spa day, paranormal, nifty knitting, tiny living, moschino, my first pet, laundry day, toddler, backyard, kids room, romantic garden, movie hangout, spooky, and the free ones
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put the Mac makeup on a sim and then just watch the makeup change or also put on the highlighter and just watch the makeup, primarily the lipstick turn into some crazy color like bright yellow
What happens when the bug occurs? My mac makeup, usually the lipstick, turns into a bright, crazy color like bright yellow, bright blue, or bright green and it’s not a color swatch it’s like the game uses the sliders and one time it added these bright colors into my custom color swatches it even did it to the male sims who technically shouldn’t be allowed to put it on and it even put it on my kids and toddlers so it like glitches the whole household once it does it on one
What do you expect to see? I expect that if I choose to put on highlighter only highlighter goes on or if I chose a nude red lipstick color I finish my sim with a nude red lip I mean in real life I don’t expect that if I put on a pink lipstick I’ll look in the mirror again and out of nowhere now have on bright blue lipstick after putting on my highlighter
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch was like a month ago or so then it started happening

I mean idk just think of a sim with bright yellow lipstick on and then you see a minimal amount of makeup everywhere else so it’s not like it was intentional it’s happened to so many households it will stop for like 2 households then the next have it it’s just quite frustrating cause the random makeup is never even just changing like the opacity which would still be annoying but it goes to like such bright greens and like how is it also going on my children and toddlers they can’t even have highlighter or any makeup like please just fix this it’s been happening for awhile and I bet other people are tired of it too 

Message 51 of 174 (2,165 Views)

CAS glitch

★★★ Newbie

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.40
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion, game packs and stuff packs are installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In create a sim
What happens when the bug occurs? When doing a sims makeup it will change what I just did on its own to something completely different when i go to create a new outfit. It also put makeup on a male sim and I can’t take it off. I have tried several different times and nothing has worked. When going back to live mode the makeup will have changed on its own again. I can’t stop it from happening.
What do you expect to see? The makeup should not change on its own if I customized it my way it should remain that way.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It occurred after the patch on April 28, 2021

???

Message 52 of 174 (2,159 Views)

Re: Makeup keeps changing

★★★ Newbie

Same thing is happening to me on PS4.

Message 53 of 174 (2,091 Views)

Makeup Swatches won’t stay the same after 1.41 patch

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.41
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Get Famous, City Living, Journey to Batuu, Strangerville, Vampires, Realm of Magic, My First Pet Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, and Bust the Dust Kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Apply desired makeup to your sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to pick my sims’ eyeshadow/lipstick, and when I choose more makeup, change their hair, or their clothes, it changes the swatch of my desired makeup.
What do you expect to see? The makeup should remain as the swatch that I chose.
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch 1.41

As you all can see, once I changed her eyeliner, her lipstick changed to the free cc lipstick, instead of staying as the base game gloss. It’ll keep switching to that specific cc lipstick swatch every time I change her hair, clothes, and makeup. its a hassle creating sims that I want to wear makeup when it doesn’t stay the same throughout the CAS process. 

Message 54 of 174 (2,072 Views)

Eyeshadow glitch

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? Up to date?
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Uni, tiny living, seasons, magic one, parenting, cats and dogs, toddlers, island living, city living, and I’m sure I’ve missed one or two
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don’t know. It just started happening to me and now won’t stop. It’s super annoying because it changes all of their makeup and it seems like it’s coming from the eyeshadow with the lime green eyeliner on the bottom waterline
What happens when the bug occurs? It changes all the makeup that the sims have on by putting the same eyeshadow on all their outfits without me interacting with it
What do you expect to see? Like what I want to be fixed or what should happen normally? I want to be able to click on the eyeshadow that I want the sim to wear, but it changes within two seconds of me selecting one.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I got the latest update and it had never happened before  then. I haven’t recently gotten any new packs, and I play on console, so I have no CC. 

Message 55 of 174 (2,056 Views)

Re: Eyeshadow glitch

★ Apprentice

I'm on Xbox and having the same issue. It's happened with a mermaid sim on her mermaid body, on a normal sim with a clown face that kept being put back on and I just had it happen with walk styles now, too.  My sim was set to the butterfly walk and it kept reverting to the lazy walk.  It definitely started happening after the last patch. 

Message 56 of 174 (1,975 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PS/XB] Sim randomly wearing Makeup

★★ Novice
@Carys1302 This is happening to me too on Xbox!!! Can’t do any makeup/cas changes without it going crazy on the sim with hot pink cheek makeup.
Message 57 of 174 (1,938 Views)

[XB1] Hue Slider in CAS keeps adjusting makeup without player manually moving it

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.42
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Get Together, Journey to Batuu, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Vampires, Spa Day, Paranormal, Fitness, Bowling Night, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Enter CAS and enter the Makeup tab 2) Apply makeup on a sim and click on the Hue slider but do not move it 3) Exit makeup tab 4) Re-enter makeup tab and try to adjust colors
What happens when the bug occurs? The Hue continues to change the color of the makeup without the player actually moving it manually.
What do you expect to see? For the selected makeup to not move if I am not touching the Hue slider manually.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/125uTn1AhuLI0_uIg2FpIDwk1OKB4mAEg/view?usp=drivesdk 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 58 of 174 (1,868 Views)

[XB1] Makeup Is Broken

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.42
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS and create a sim. Go into makeup and add a custom made makeup swatch. Apply the custom made swatch to your sim. Then, click on literally anything else and watch your makeup turn into a puke green or fire truck red, or mermaid purple or alien blue or eye-bleeding yellow or _any_ other color that isn't the one you intentionally selected. Then click, again, on the makeup that you originally selected and then get over it because the weird color that the game decided to apply to your sim is there whether you like it or not.
What happens when the bug occurs? When customizing your sim with a custom makeup swatch, like a lipstick for example, it either turns into different lipstick, some other lipstick color, or changes another part of your sim's makeup. Ex: Select a custom lipstick swatch and go to add eyeliner. The lipstick you just chose will change to a different lipstick, blush will disappear, and your eyeshadow will change color. If you take the makeup off and then click to select a different makeup, a swatch will automatically apply itself before you even choose anything and then revert back to itself if you attempt to change it. Basically any custom makeup ever will ruin, remove or change any other makeup you chose after. Even if you remove all custom makeup, the rest of the makeup will still be messed up and change into a different color after selecting the swatch that you want.
What do you expect to see? Whichever swatch you choose for ANYTHING in CAS, makeup, skin color, hair color, shirt color, bra color, underwear color, shoe color, etc should 100% stay that color while in AND after you leave CAS unless you manually change it yourself...
Please describe the patch or change you made. Custom makeup/skin color swatch update.

It's pretty much impossible to dabble in any makeup to the point where I don't even want to go anywhere near the sim's face because something may turn into a strange color that can't be fixed.

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 59 of 174 (1,881 Views)

Re: Hue Slider in CAS keeps adjusting makeup without player manually moving it

Hero
@dudeitzkhloe Is either of these what your seeing

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CAS-makeup-sliders-not-showing-in-game/td-p/9984247
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PS-XB-Sim-randomly-wearing-M-A-C-makeup/td-p/10205737

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 60 of 174 (1,837 Views)